29 September 2006

What is the world coming to??

Assalamalikum girls, well I have a feeling this is gonna be a long one so get comfortable.. One muslimah was complainin I dont write, well here u go.

So I went to the masjid near my work today, for my hour lunch as I have been doing since the start of Ramadan. I havent been in so long, because dhuhr has been late and i dont always drive to work, so there have been a few guys that come in while im there, masha'allah, the same guys too. When i used to go more frequently, jummah on friday was packed... up to the point where I would have to go cause I was too late and they never opened the womans doors. So I was expecting today to be hard for me with it being the first friday of Ramadan, so I park my car on the street so I dont get blocked in outside the masjid. As I walk up there are 2 guys stood just past the masjid, i go in... pray 2 rakahs, and sit down to read todays part of the quran... I actually got really into it today that when someone opened the door I jumped, and it was such a nice feeling alhamdulillah. So I sit to read, hear the door open a few times, someone look in then walk back out when they see me.. I see this oldish man walk in while I prayed dhuhr and make some noise when he saw me and walked back out, so I took that as a sign to move out.. I finished praying then left... to no men outside, a few in cars I noticed when I backed out.. but it was sooo eery, and it saddened me. Allahu alim. I just wanted to share my sadness, oh that makes me sound so morbid now.

Well on a brighter note I got an email back from the agency about the job Ive been after, only to find after the boss of the agency phoned me at 1740 tonight. Heres what it said:

"Well, fact is he has been hearing good things about you from the people you met previously and because of that he would like very much to meet you! He is willing to meet you most any day next week whether it be early morning, or in the afternoon depending on what works best for you!

Secondly, and just as importantly their has been a change with the shift as the hours of work will now be 11 PM – 7 AM as opposed to an afternoon shift! Hopefully this does not cause you too much concern because it will still art the least allow you to get your foot in their door so to speak!"

So I have an interview with the last and final guy insha'allah on wednesday, this will be purely with him and the LAST one... insha'allah... I was worried about getting this job before Ramadan as I wouldnt feel the benefits or the hardness of fasting due to sleeping during the day. The boss, Jim.. he told me the work times are sunday-thursday 11pm - 7am (as above) which would mean i could have a good longer weekend even though its still a 5 day week, I would be home early friday morning and back in work late sunday evening.. insha'allah it works out.. can u imagine?? a hijabi working with guns.. subhanallah I think its such good dawah, and Jim told me they are opening a plant in China, they have one here, one in Charlotte, USA... can u imagine?? oh just popping over to the china plant heehee.

Also, before today I had properly started to plan (well in my head) my trip to Australia insha'allah.. i was thinking of goin the xmas week and the first 2 of 2007.. Allahu alim.. i told my mum i wanted to go island hopping see a few places.. she was soo nervous 'ooh i dont think thats a good idea' 'u hear of all these murders' ' cant u go with someone' so i emailed a friend to ask her but she hasnt got back to me yet. But now Im thinking if this job works out, insha'allah, then that plan might go up in the pan. Allah (swt) truly is he greatest of planners alhamdulillah.

Ok, well Im off to pray Isha & witr now, hows my plans going?? well alhamdulillah Ive been able to keep up on the sunnah salah and 3 rakahs for witr.. and the dhikr after each salah alhamdulillah.. fajr was getting better too.. but since Ramadan has started.. well its sort of been a eyes wide open 35 mins before fajr alhamdulillah. How is fajr going for you all?? insha'allah well.. So thats me for now.. insha'allah this will give you something to read before my next fix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed