Assalamalikum girls,
so my day so far.. well I woke up earlier today, although not as early as planned finally got up around 920am... had a shower then sorted myself out for an appointment. Yes I finally did it girls, I went to see about laser hair removal. Its a little expensive, but Im thinking to draw it out from my UK account so then Im only really taking out half heehee. There is an offer on at the moment for buying 2 and get 2 free, so Im going to get my underarms and legs done insha'allah. The lady reckons I wont need as many on my legs because the hair is so fine, she did a patch test and I will say it hurt a little. Its like waxing, but for longer because they are in one spot for longer than with the waxing. You could smell the burning hair and of course there was a little blood, you could even hear the clicking of when it found a hair to burn. Was quite interesting to experience, Im worried what Im going to do for all the time though, I think Ill def get them done different days, not each leg... the underarms and the legs, cause I think the underarm will hurt more, and they even do your leg down to ur toes, which I thought was amusing. So Im going to see how the patch test looks tomorrow afternoon and book it in. Can u imagine... no more worries about hair in the 2 main areas.. now I have to worry about bikini line, so obviously cant have anyone doing that which sucks, cause I used to get that waxed. It is expensive like I said, but I feel that in the long run it will be well worth it, especially the emotional issue of not having to prepare myself blah blah insha'allah.
Heres a little bit of islamic research about the whole thing found here:
"Part of the body that is considered Awra must not be exposed even in front of Muslim women. A female’s Awra in front of other Muslim women is the same to a man’s Awra from other men, which is from the navel up to and including the knees. (Hidaya, 4/461 & Radd al-Muhtar, 6/371). Therefore, if will be impermissible for other than yourself or your husband to perform the procedure of hair removal in between the navel and knees. It is not permissible to expose one’s Awra except in cases on extreme necessity, such as medication where there is no other alternative."
"Now, this removing of hair may be carried out by using the various means available, such as a razor, cream, powder, wax or any other means, as the main objective is to remove the hair, and not the means used. In al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya, the using of lime has been mentioned, thus it indicates the permissibility of using creams. There also seems no hindrance from permanently removing the hair, as the aim is to remove unwanted hair, whether temporarily or permanently"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?