So turns out I had a pretty good day in the end. I woke up early for Eid prayer as I already told you all then I came home to an answering machine message from my h2b which was nice apart from the fact he was leaving it because he 'forgot' to wake me for the prayer. But alls well thanks to God, then I found him on msn and we chatted for abit.
I also received my new clothes from shukr that was sent over from a friend in UK Then my friend called to say she was def coming over :) I think I messed it up a bit, she phoned me when i was on my way but not soon enough, I told her to phone me when she was getting to the turn off but she was phoning me when she was actually there and i sort of bit her head of.. although if she was sat in the car she prob would have seen me smiling and slapping my head when I found out she was already there. Oh well... so I picked her up, we got lost coming back (nothing unusual there) I quickly dropped her off at my house and drove back to work for a little training. I was supposed to get some ear plugs fitted (the mold made) at 230 but got there about 310 oops.. so the lady told me that 'he' was upstairs.. so of course I start freaking out and she doesnt quite understand why. Then as soon as he saw me, he just gave me a look (im sure all the girls who have ever covered their hair understands the look Im talking about) before telling me I would have to take it off! ppfff, I uncovered my ears only! so he sort of whizzes me through it while im trying to cover myself from one particular pair of eyes from a guy who works on my shift which was very uncomfortable. Then I sort of shy into a corner and pull my scarf loosely back over my ears, when the guy turns to pull them out he plays with them (cause covering them, it takes longer to set! detect the sarcasm!!!) and eventually pulls them out while telling me he didnt know I had covered back (cause he didnt look at me for all that time) and if I had moved my ears while doing so cause he might have to do it again if something was wrong. Id rather not do it at all really! So then I go for my training and then left to go home to my buddy. We prayed then chatted for abit, then went out to my favourite restaurant, well our fav, Zen Gardens (vegetarian restaurant) heehee.. we chatted more and laughed and ate and generally chilled out. Then back to mine, I showed her some videos I took when I was back in UK and then I had to take her back. Wow, writing it now seems like we did nothing... but we did talk quite alot over the food so thats probably why it doesnt seem like much. We missed her bus so I ended up driving her back and then we waited in the car for her mum and took a few silly pictures heehee. I love this girl... she always makes me smile and makes me feel like a true friend by telling me things that I know might be hard for her. May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) protect her and keep her safe.
I also found out that my mum is going back to UK for a little while (thats another blog) from boxing day to Jan 3rd... am I selfish of thinking that she might want me to help my stepdad with looking after their dog and someone elses who they are looking after. I really hope this isnt assumed of me because its over the time period of the Reviving the Islamic Spirit convention.
Eid Mubarak!
ReplyDeleteSalam aleikum... Ur smiles are amazing :) Masha'allah. Well, you DO ahve the "specialness" about you that ppl feel good around you and comfortable masha'allah. ;)
ReplyDeleteI will make duaa things work out for ur mum's trip Incha'allah.
I wanna try out the Zen place ;)