So this is my blog, this is my life, this is my world, these are my experiences. Feel free to roam, question and learn with me, comment as we go and leave your prejudices at the door please.
probably you will not let my comment be visible. I will not wear a hijab,too.Except when I pray...or maybe not even than.That is how I am. When I read the famous verse in the Koran,by no means I undrestood I have to wear a hijab.I understood it was my choice.I understood I have to be well dressed.I never had a feeling I was doing anything wrong. I would never ever even think of judjing a woman who wears a hijab all the time.For me it is just her choice and that is all.I know that Allah is pleased with her,bless her,but I know He is pleased with me as well,because I in a way took a much difficult road to be a Muslimah,by not wearing a hijab.If people see a woman in a hijab,everyone knows she is a Muslimah.When people see me,they can not even imagine I could be a Muslimah.I have to pay attention all the time that I behave like a Muslimah,in the best way I can,so that peole get it.And that is difficult!Thus God is pleased with me as well,I know he is,because He told me so. Allah gave me the best thing ever - freedom to be myself and serve Him with all my heart.
Thank You Allah for everything and I hope You like my hair all nice in the sun...this is why I buy all these shampoos and stuff :),so that I am beautiful for You.
Ammena,do not hate me because I do not wear a Hijab.
salam sis.. why would I hate you? everyone has freedom of choice, I believe that hijab is a stipulation and commandment for muslims (not just muslimas) and for whoever chooses different I have no right to judge. That is for God on the final day. As for you having a harder road, I would like to disagree... we dont know the path of everyone else so who are we to say we have had a more difficult path than anyone else? Please dont get offended by this, just my view :) fi amenallah
I had these conversations with myself before I embraced Islam. I understood hijab to be "part of the package" so to speak. Therefore, it wasn't a jihad for me after I made the decision to convert.
I understand that it is difficult for some sisters.
What I don't get is when sisters say they understand hijab to be a choice when they read about it in the Quran. I am not a native speaker of Arabic, so I cannot translate with expertise. But, is it true that the Arabic says it is a choice. If so, it must be the biggest hoax ever pulled off on Muslim women that we think it IS a commandment of Allah (swt). Am I making sense? I mean are Muslim women all over the globe fooled by bad translation of Arabic?
Assalamu alaikom, I had to stop watching, it was herky-jerky and I'm just honestly so tired of being told that I have to wear hijab to be a good Muslim. I do wear hijab but it's between me and God and nobody else. We spend so much time on this hijab thing. I admit sometimes it's fun to talk about it and even occasionally I find myself in an educational talk about it... but mostly when women are being told to put on hijab... it's a guilt trip and a judgment. Let's be completely frank: a lot of the people obsessed with getting women into hijab are not woman-positive people.
I wish "hijab for men" websites, songs, pics and videos were as popular. Because typically, men need more help with modesty and gaze-lowering than do women.
I like the "you waste so much money on cosmetics and so much time on making yourself look nice." I have seen sexy hijabis. I have seen heavily painted hijabis. I have seen haute-couture hijabis. heh Vanity is not the exclusive domain of the bare-headed woman.
-J, who sounds bitchy in this message but doesn't mean to be.
Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?
good one :)
ReplyDeleteSalaam Alaikum Ammena,
ReplyDeleteprobably you will not let my comment be visible.
I will not wear a hijab,too.Except when I pray...or maybe not even than.That is how I am.
When I read the famous verse in the Koran,by no means I undrestood I have to wear a hijab.I understood it was my choice.I understood I have to be well dressed.I never had a feeling I was doing anything wrong.
I would never ever even think of judjing a woman who wears a hijab all the time.For me it is just her choice and that is all.I know that Allah is pleased with her,bless her,but I know He is pleased with me as well,because I in a way took a much difficult road to be a Muslimah,by not wearing a hijab.If people see a woman in a hijab,everyone knows she is a Muslimah.When people see me,they can not even imagine I could be a Muslimah.I have to pay attention all the time that I behave like a Muslimah,in the best way I can,so that peole get it.And that is difficult!Thus God is pleased with me as well,I know he is,because He told me so.
Allah gave me the best thing ever - freedom to be myself and serve Him with all my heart.
Thank You Allah for everything and I hope You like my hair all nice in the sun...this is why I buy all these shampoos and stuff :),so that I am beautiful for You.
Ammena,do not hate me because I do not wear a Hijab.
salam sis.. why would I hate you? everyone has freedom of choice, I believe that hijab is a stipulation and commandment for muslims (not just muslimas) and for whoever chooses different I have no right to judge. That is for God on the final day. As for you having a harder road, I would like to disagree... we dont know the path of everyone else so who are we to say we have had a more difficult path than anyone else? Please dont get offended by this, just my view :) fi amenallah
ReplyDeleteGood one - though it irritated me each time she said heee-jarb. :p It's hijaab! lol
ReplyDeletesalam sis cant leave a comment for some reason anywya good video really interesting xxxx
ReplyDeleteanonymous: you got to comment :) so thanks.. although dunno exactly who you are :P
ReplyDeleteAs Salaamu Alaikum Sis:
ReplyDeleteI had these conversations with myself before I embraced Islam. I understood hijab to be "part of the package" so to speak. Therefore, it wasn't a jihad for me after I made the decision to convert.
I understand that it is difficult for some sisters.
What I don't get is when sisters say they understand hijab to be a choice when they read about it in the Quran. I am not a native speaker of Arabic, so I cannot translate with expertise. But, is it true that the Arabic says it is a choice. If so, it must be the biggest hoax ever pulled off on Muslim women that we think it IS a commandment of Allah (swt). Am I making sense? I mean are Muslim women all over the globe fooled by bad translation of Arabic?
Salaams Amenna,
ReplyDeleteI am very glad you published my post.It gives me hope :)!
Till next time!
XXX
Assalamu alaikom,
ReplyDeleteI had to stop watching, it was herky-jerky and I'm just honestly so tired of being told that I have to wear hijab to be a good Muslim. I do wear hijab but it's between me and God and nobody else. We spend so much time on this hijab thing. I admit sometimes it's fun to talk about it and even occasionally I find myself in an educational talk about it... but mostly when women are being told to put on hijab... it's a guilt trip and a judgment. Let's be completely frank: a lot of the people obsessed with getting women into hijab are not woman-positive people.
I wish "hijab for men" websites, songs, pics and videos were as popular. Because typically, men need more help with modesty and gaze-lowering than do women.
I like the "you waste so much money on cosmetics and so much time on making yourself look nice." I have seen sexy hijabis. I have seen heavily painted hijabis. I have seen haute-couture hijabis. heh Vanity is not the exclusive domain of the bare-headed woman.
-J, who sounds bitchy in this message but doesn't mean to be.