I found this on this blog and just wanted to share.. recently Ive been thinking alot more about the adoption route I would like to take insha'allah and I know there are many things to think of... but its always there in the back on my mind.
1.EVERY DAY 5,760 children become orphans.
2.Approximately 250,000 children are adopted annually, but… every 14,050,000 children still grow up as orphans.
3.EVERY 2.2 SECONDS, another orphan child AGES OUT with no family to belong to and no place to call home.
4.For every child that is adopted, 600 orphans will die.
5.If 7% of Christians adopted 1 child there would be no orphans in the world.
Do you have room at your table for one orphan?
"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me..." Mark9:37a
Fact 5 scares me a little... to think that there are just as many muslims as christians (more depending on what you read) and we should be striving towards increasing the number of the ummah (rhymes hehe) Think about it.
Assalamu alaikom,
ReplyDeleteI wish more people would adopt. Now that I've got two children, I'm not sure I ever would. I can't live beyond my means and wow, even two kids keep you at your wits' end. heh Fostering is something I'm keeping in the back of my mind, maybe when my own kids are grown. We'll see, insha'Allah.
The 7% of Christians factoid is interesting because the vocal, organized anti-choice crowd is predominantly Christian.
I didn't know you were considering adoption. May I ask why? Anyway, may Allah bless you for considering it.
eyes-serene