So day 1, Thursday: I finished work at 7am and promptly went home to sleep for a few hours. Aminah woke me up around 1230ish I think and I started to get myself sorted with last minute packing and a little tidying up. I wasnt praying for the whole holiday which meant that I left for her house before dhuhr (I was going to leave after salah) i got stuck in a big traffic jam so didnt get to hers till prob nearly 3ish I think, parked up outside and my mum phoned me to tell me about her citizenship test that she had just had. Alhamdulillah she thinks it went ok, she proceede
d to tell me that there was only her, her husband and another white lady (from coventry hehee) and this is her not being racist :P anyways theirs was totally different, they have to wait for the results I think because there was so many people there. My mum thinks she might be welcoming canada day as a canadian citizen, but I doubt it.. its too close, but Allah alim. Anyways, we sorted ourselves out, got in the car.. drove to the airport and finally found our check in desk. We got our bags in and said goodbye to her mum who was clearly having a moment masha'allah.. its funny, Ive been travelling since I was a baby and on my own since I was 16, Ive been on holiday once with my mum from then until the present time, I cant imagine it any other way. Then I have to remind myself that other people dont hold travelling as high on their importance scale for whatever reason, and that makes it so much more fun when travelling with them. :D We finally boarded the plan around 7pm and sat waiting for it to move, I was getting tired by this point but surprisingly I didnt sleep. I watched the film '27 dresses' which was terrible! we ate.. although I didnt eat alot cause the pasta just didnt look appealing to me. anyways, we took some random pics going up.. was weird cause the whole time we were flying it was light and only just getting dark when we landed in vancouver because of the time differe
nce. It was a 5hr flight and vancouver is i think 2 hrs behind toronto, alix? aalia? correct me if im wrong. Was nice to step off a plane into the unknown again, its been awhile since Ive done that and I miss it. I had so many things going through my head at that point but above all I needed to sleep, we picked up the bags (i got a new smaller suitcase thats turquoise so easy to spot) and headed to the taxi rank. Got one straight away practically and headed off to the b&b, took us 20 mins to get there but was well worth it. We got in, and settled ourselves then for some reason didnt sleep straight away.. dont ask we, I think we were too excited and we also had to figure out what we were doing in the morning to set the alarm. Eventually we slept and... well.. thats another blog.. I should probably get some work done :P
Peace and salams, Ammena
d to tell me that there was only her, her husband and another white lady (from coventry hehee) and this is her not being racist :P anyways theirs was totally different, they have to wait for the results I think because there was so many people there. My mum thinks she might be welcoming canada day as a canadian citizen, but I doubt it.. its too close, but Allah alim. Anyways, we sorted ourselves out, got in the car.. drove to the airport and finally found our check in desk. We got our bags in and said goodbye to her mum who was clearly having a moment masha'allah.. its funny, Ive been travelling since I was a baby and on my own since I was 16, Ive been on holiday once with my mum from then until the present time, I cant imagine it any other way. Then I have to remind myself that other people dont hold travelling as high on their importance scale for whatever reason, and that makes it so much more fun when travelling with them. :D We finally boarded the plan around 7pm and sat waiting for it to move, I was getting tired by this point but surprisingly I didnt sleep. I watched the film '27 dresses' which was terrible! we ate.. although I didnt eat alot cause the pasta just didnt look appealing to me. anyways, we took some random pics going up.. was weird cause the whole time we were flying it was light and only just getting dark when we landed in vancouver because of the time differe
nce. It was a 5hr flight and vancouver is i think 2 hrs behind toronto, alix? aalia? correct me if im wrong. Was nice to step off a plane into the unknown again, its been awhile since Ive done that and I miss it. I had so many things going through my head at that point but above all I needed to sleep, we picked up the bags (i got a new smaller suitcase thats turquoise so easy to spot) and headed to the taxi rank. Got one straight away practically and headed off to the b&b, took us 20 mins to get there but was well worth it. We got in, and settled ourselves then for some reason didnt sleep straight away.. dont ask we, I think we were too excited and we also had to figure out what we were doing in the morning to set the alarm. Eventually we slept and... well.. thats another blog.. I should probably get some work done :PPeace and salams, Ammena
Assalaamu alaikum,
ReplyDeleteWow - you had a long day then what with working until 7am and then travelling the same day... Look forward to reading about what you did in Vancouver. :)
ya..long day but fun!!!
ReplyDelete"other people dont hold travelling as high on their importance scale for whatever reason"
ReplyDeleteAssalamu alaikom,
I would looooooove to travel but it's so expensive, and with all the tight restrictions now... :-/
Anyway, off to read the next installment!