22 July 2008

Chemistry

So last month I got my usual copy of the RSC magazine (Royal Society of Chemistry) I joined while I was at university and carried it on afterwards. They have some interesting articles every month, I get extra letters after my name and it makes me feel like Im still using what I learnt at university to somewhat understand the articles in there. All round good choice to keep it on. Anyways, occasionally you get the odd extra leaflet or pamphlet with the magazine and last month I got the annual review from the society. As I was flicking through it, flicking because usually its full of just 'we changed this' and 'this is whats new' nothing related to me or my career until this page jumped out at me.. Can u see exactly what jumped out? masha'allah.. hijabis are getting everywhere and its about time people realised that we do go to uni and do get degrees in things other than how to be oppressed!!! Masha'allah. You go girls!! I wonder what university they are from :P

5 comments:

  1. niiiiiiice! look at that niqabi masha'allah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asalaam `alaikum Ammena :-D

    This may sound really random but how did you change the word "COMMENTS" to "OPINIONS" on your Blog?

    Me just wonderin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Masha'a Allah, makes me so happy to see sisters succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. salam aalia :) if you go to your layout and click the edit link within the posting section it will give u the option there. Also you can change the number of posts on each page, remove things at the bottom of posts like date, time and stuff.. have fun :)
    Habayeb & basbousa.. nice to see eh? i was in awe of the pic when i saw it. Masha'allah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you get your degree in Chemistry? I know that sounds dumb but you can never know what someone's degree is until you actually ask! I studied Geology at University but I left after five years to get married. I loved geology but now I'm a pregnant farmwife and I stay home and care for the house and my husband and soon my baby and sometimes I wrestle sheep and work with the cattle. I guess lots of folk would think I did not succeed but I'm very happy and I do not feel that my university time was wasted even if I don't have the degree.

    Do Muslims believe in creation? I've always wondered that! I struggled at university because as a science major I didn't really fit in with my God-created-everything beliefs. I saw science as a wonderful tool for understanding God's creation. Sadly, I realized too late that my beliefs would prevent me from getting a job as a scientist because I would not be able to study geology outside of the context of God and His creation. My reports would be rejected and I'd lose my job. Arrrg! Because of this, I did change my major to History in my fith year but like I said, after that year I left to get married. Now I plan on home-schooling my children and I will teach them all about God and His creation and how wonderful science is for understanding creation.

    We are converting our farm to the organic system and that requires a LOT of science!! I just ordered a biology book and chemistry book that teaches from the perspective of creation so that I can refresh my science (I've been out of school for three years) and support my husband's efforts. He has a science degree ~ agriculture! Perfect for a farmer.

    Well, my dear husband has just asked for me to come and help shift a herd of cattle from one field to another. I love to get ouside in the fresh air and work with the animals ~ God's beautiful creation everywhere in the fields of barley and grass, in the sheep, the cattle, the calves and lambs... I love being a farmwife!

    I'm not surprised to see Muslims on that book of yours. Everyone has always known that Muslims are very intellectual!
    Goodbye and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed