3 August 2008

Month of july

So, July is over, at last alhamdulillah... and what has happened in that time for me to tell you all? Well for a start the weather has been very good to me, I dread summers over here every year because of the heat. I know that Im going to have to go through the conversation of 'arent you hot?' 'show some skin, you need vitamin D' with my mum.
So, what happened last month? well for one thing I moved onto the day shift, Im enjoying it... miss my night shift friends but its ok. There are more people to deal with, not just on the floor but all the office staff who make my life hell ;) but its all good. I like that im getting into a normal sleeping routine and that even when I finish work on the last day I have a few hours to settle into the days off ahead. It gets to the point that afte rmy first day off I feel like Im back to work the next day when I have a whole other day off. heehee
Ive finished stitched pieces for all of my friends bar 1, so insha'allah I will finish that and maybe even try a few more for some other friends too :)
I went for lunch with a good friend at the beginning of the month, the girl I met at the mosque. Everytime I see her she asks about whether Ive told my mum about being muslim or about getting married, the answer is always in the negative. Then I watch her as she sympathises with me but cant help but feel annoyed at her and other people when they put across that they understand, NO YOU DONT!!! Noone knows what my mum & stepdad are like, noone knows the relationship I have with them, you only think you know because maybe you know what its like to be a convert and think about telling family, but it isnt the same.
I also went for lunch with 2 friends from work at the end of the month, these girls have been my rock here. They are both on maternity leave at the moment, one is back mid sept and the other next april insha'allah. Its nice to see them, and the one due back in April its been the first time Ive seen her since she had her little girl masha'allah, and first time Ive seen her precious little bundle masha'allah, she was adorable.
Looking back in my diary nothing really seems to have happened last month, I had all the problems with my car, and I got my firearms application sent back to me (well just a sheet) because I hadnt written my name on the back of my photo... it doesnt tell you to!!!! However, they did take the money out of my account, so insha'allah by the time I get back from Michigan if it hasnt arrived I will be phoning them up to question it insha'allah.
I still havent heard from WSIB either, so I will be phoning them up next week too... its been 2 months since my doctor appointment and this is what he told me to do. I got an email back from the company dealing with my speeding ticket from last year, she told me that they are filing a case to dismiss my ticket because it took them over 1 year to give me a date. She also told me I should be there, I had asked her if I needed to be and explained that I was looking at travelling. Will see... i really cant see myself waiting around for it. I emailed my insurance company yesterday to see what needs to be done on that side of things with my car. So just getting a few things organised for what I need to do, many things I have to give notice... like, my phone, internet, mobile that sort of stuff... I believe I have sold my dining room table and chairs to the girl I met at the mosque and Im going to be throwing out a big futon I use in my living room. Then the only things to move will be my bed, leather chair and chest of drawers (going to mums) then my desk and bookshelf I will try to sell insha'allah. Its from ikea.. not like its unique or anything ;) So thats my month of july :) what did you guys get up to??
On an islamic note
currently got 1 verse left to memorise of surah al-fil alhamdulillah and I have joined a facebook group for the memorisation :) so even though I dont think I will be able to keep up with them or catch them at good times, theres a small group of the 4 of us, I know that having them there to constantly ask me will be the push I need insha'allah.
no duaas learnt :(
no fasting done :(
have been updating my islamic blog with my research more masha'allah
Peace and salams, Ammena

4 comments:

  1. Assalamu alaikom,
    Every time I read one of these "end of month reports" ;) I think it's such a good idea and I should do this (privately) for myself. Might help me make better use of my time and recognize when I have been busy!

    Anyway, I hope everything (bills, applications, moving, etc) works out well. Moving is such a stressful situation, I can only imagine that moving overseas much more so!!!

    eyes-serene

    ReplyDelete
  2. asalam alaikum sis

    inshallah when the time is right you will tell your mum and step dad, and only you will know when that is.

    i hated this july lol, as it was my younger sons transfer from juniors to seniors and hes still so young lol.

    inhsallah will speak soon, take care and inshallah all will work out well for you, and you are in my duas.

    wa salam
    khadijah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalaamu alaikum,

    Good idea: maybe we should do a beginning of month and 'what I want to achieve' post and then an end of month and 'what I totally didn't achieve' post!

    Yeah... insha'Allah everything works out well sis. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. salam aleikum...
    I keep payig for the opurtuniy for you to tell ur parents.. Incha'allah will e soon. I know how you like to make sure everything is done before you take off.so Incha;allah. u in my duaas...
    You know I love to read ur updates ;) thing is.I wonder when ur married..if you will have the time for this.... if nt.. too bad for us !!! but good fir you!! hehehe ;)
    have a safe trip incha'allah... Fi amenallah

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed