2 October 2008

The days leading to the big bang

So, now I have time to sit down and tell you all about the last few days of my life.. alhamdulillah its been so much fun and highly rememberable. It all started on Monday, I moved to night shift of sunday night so finished work at 7am monday morning. I actually finished an hour early and went straight to sleep to be woken at just after 11 by a friend who was shocked to find me still asleep. Anyways, she was phoning to tell me she could make it to visit me in the evening with another friend, alhamdulillah so we set about organising and left it at that. I eventually got hold of my other friend who was the driver and everything was set... so I set about tidying my place. It bugs me sometimes that I really need a kick up the bum and the prospect of visitors to tidy my place :( but oh well.. so I tidied, went out for snacks and arrived back to finish cleaning the bathroom. I was washing the dishes when I got a phone call from them telling me they were slightly lost, but still only about 10mins away from mine which was a shock cause it was around 630 when I had been expecting to meet them at the masjid for iftar. So they got here, we broke our fast at the mosque, prayed maghrib then went to East side Marios for food :D Then we went back to the mosque for isha and taraweeh masha'allah. I bumped into a friend who I have been spending lots of time at the mosque with and my friend (the one who woke me up) also bumped into a unknown mutual friend masha'allah.. small world us muslims live in ;) After taraweeh we headed back to my place for treats and henna :D these pictures are from the day after :) my feet and Nadias hand masha'allah. we woke up for suhoor, was nice to share it with someone else, I havent had that at all this year so was good to finish the month off with such memories alhamdulillah. Then we went back to sleep and woke up around 1pm lol... we prayed dhuhr and then the girls left to drive back home. I had things to sort out here and drove over later on, getting to there about 430ish I think it was. While they had been at mine I went through Eid outfits with them and decided on a pink dress I had recently worn, had only worn it once before and not for work but I needed a hijab that went properly cause they one I had worn last didnt totally go (stripes and pattern!) so I needed a plain cherry coloured hijab and I knew exactly the right place in Square One to find it. Nadia told me she would meet me there when I dropped by to pray asr at her place, so I set off in search of a scarf. I also needed a new long white sleeved shirt, so decided to pop into H&M for it :) shouldnt have done that lol :D I looked in the sales racks and found a gorgeous dress for just over $20... yes not in my usual price range but it was nice masha'allah :D anyways, i found a black top to go underneath and tried it on... loved it!! now the issue was the hijab, either I could go with the purples in the dress or a black chiffon one (which i hadnt brought with me) so i phoned nadia to ask her... she eventually came to the shops and I showed her the outfit and told her the options on the hijab, she (and her sister) agreed it should be purple so I picked up a normal scarf from H&M and here is the finishing combination (as well as black flip flops from Old Navy) I totally wasnt intending on buying a new outfit but Im glad I did, made the day seem all the more special and as it will be my final Eid in Canada for awhile I wanted to remember it.
So I stayed at Nadias for the evening and in the morning she went to ISNA for the Eid salah and I went to the Rogers centre, via second cup :) I had a great few hours there alhamdulillah, there were soo many people although not that many that I knew which made a change. I saw a few people but hung around with my friend there, the sister who I went to Vancouver with masha'allah. We had fun, I made it to the first Eid salah which I thought I was going to miss because of over turned lorries on the Gardiner, numerous tourist buses on Spadina and full car parks outside the centre but alhamdulillah I made it. I left about 2pm and picked up Nadia for some lunch fun at bombay chopsticks, we used to always eat here (its halal, even though we are both vegetarian!) and we havent been for years, although she told me she was there the other day lol. We were rushed (got there at 250 and they kept the place open until 340 for us (supposed to close at 3pm) alhamdulillah. However, it was good.. and we met a few other girls there too which was nice masha'allah, a great ending to the day. I dropped Nadia off at home with an 'insha'allah' to see her over the weekend at a few parties and I drove home... peacefully happy and definately relaxed alhamdulillah.
When I got home, it was a different story, I got back to a message on my answering machine from my landlord telling me I have to give 2 months notice in to my apartment :( so I will have to pay 1 more months rent and I will have the place officially until the end of November even though I have no intention of actually being in the country. I also received a letter about my speeding ticket court date, now let me explain how it works here cause everyone Ive talked to in UK about this gets confused. So I was caught speeding, end of.. there is no, 'I wasnt speeding' here.. u are caught!! however, there are companies who deal with purely speeding tickets on the promise of reduced points and fine for a fee. Points over here = higher insurance, and after 2 write offs my insurance is high enough. I was intending on leaving the country when I got the ticket anyways, but contesting it meant it wouldnt show up on the insurance renewal until the next year when the whole thing was finished. Anyways, I got a letter from them telling me that they have reviewed my file and I have to be there..... now originally she said it would be in my best interest! So this got the light bulbs flashing. I had intended on telling them I had to fly home for a family emergency but everyway I look at it there are problems. The court date is November 12th.. yes people, Im supposed to fly November 4th!!! I spoke with bro A and he thinks its best if I stay and get it finalised and sorted... he also said it isnt a good idea to look at flights for the same day, which means looking at 2 weeks after originally planned :( So Im looking at the flights and seeing a few problems but all will be ok insha'allah.. I prayed istikharah and now Im trying to get in touch with the lawyer to ask her how long will i need to be here after the date to have everything sorted. The flight prices are extremely cheaper for these dates and if they wont give me a refund Im thinking to go first class seeing as I have already paid out the money for it, oh wait.. i havent... doh!! I paid just over $600 before they went up to $850, the first class ticket is just under $800 with 20kg extra for hand luggage and 15kgs extra for carry on.. hmm, just looking at prices for extra luggage, they say $20 per kilo so for the extra 20kg i would normally pay $400, this way Im paying less than $200 but would I use it all? Im taking 2 suitcases so I think it would be worth it in the end.. plus Im taking my snow board and boots back too.. yeh I think i will insha'allah if i get this ticket... Just didnt really want to stay any later, but I guess with the apartment, I will have somewhere to stay and I can stay working a little later too... just have to talk to the lawyer I guess... so plans on hold for time being insha'allah.
Well, thats my eventful Eid masha'allah :D insha'allah you all had a great time and remembered those around the world having not so much a great time during this season. Allahu alim
Peace and salams, Ammena

7 comments:

  1. Mashallah you have been busy sis.
    Inshallah everything will get sorted...I'll make du'a for you . Take care sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha masha'allah ines, I was thinking same thing when I clicked on comments....busy lady!!
    everything will fall into place sis. Incha'allah.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam alaikum sis

    mashallah sounds like your eid was perfect, love the outfit you look so sweet in those colours. the henna looks so nice too, i ended doing my own, as we did not expect eid to be on tuesday lol, was gonna go and have it done tuesday ready for eid on wednesday but noooo. anywasy lol, just glad that you had a great time and inshallah the speeding ticket wont get you down too much.

    well take care fi aminallah
    khadijah

    ReplyDelete
  4. As salaam alaykom!!!! Belated Eid Mubarak... Ahhh you look too cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. as salamu alaykum Ammena,

    mash'Allah u had a nice Eid day! I hope everything will be sorted soon insh'Allah!All this story of papers and papers and time and phone calls...grrrrrrrrr!Sab'r insh'Allah!

    Me and Ines r waiting for u anyway insh'Allah ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pictures... I wish I knew someone who does henna because it's just so pretty. I'm glad you had such a nice day. You always look nice, shayla style scarves look good on you. Actually, you can pull off anything, I think, sporty or feminine, etc.

    e-s

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your henna feet. Looks like a lovely eid party.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed