New years eve was always a big night for me... I never totally enjoyed it, but it was a time to get with friends, even if they did leave me and I saw the new years in on my own. I always ended up in a mood at the end of the evening on the way home and would just sleep when I got home, then we never did anything magical on the day but I was so bored because there were no shops open and never anything on tv! When I became muslim the new years party was one of the first things I was glad to say goodbye to alhamdulillah. My mum makes big deals of new years eve, but since moving to Canada where they arent as big as they are in UK she just goes to friends. However being on the same time zone it was one night that I always had to talk to her after 12am :( Last year she was in UK so I spoke to her the next day, I sort of expected her to demand I phone her at 12am my time... but I told her I would speak to her new years day. Anyways, that all went well alhamdulillah.. but that isnt what I came to blog about.
So yesterday I drove over to Bradford the drive was so nice... very familiar, both the scenery and the route. The scenery because it reminded me of the drives in Canada which is nice in 2 ways 1 just because it reminds me of the drives in Canada and 2 because it reminds me that I was wrong about the scenery in England being nothing like that in Canada ~ does that make sense? I prayed asr at the masjid across from my uni, drove to the islamic shop that me and dee used to frequent.. it was weird walking around without her... I bought an abaya, some pins, some attar, 2 books and some hijabs.. four for a tenner ladies if youre ever in Bradford I can give you directions insha'allah. Then I made my way back through Bradford and over to Huddersfield, spent a few hours with my girl dee and her kids until it was time to go to Jules.. we were supposed to be there spot on 6pm, obviously dee being who she is we turned up teeny bit late ;) It was a good night.. I got to spend time with my 2 girls, Im just gutted I didnt take more pictures while I was there.. we got dressed up in girlie clothes and had some lovely food... and scrummy cakes & crumpets :D hehee.. but it was good to just sit and chill with them cause its been awhile and I miss them both tons.
Today before I left we even went to check out Dees new house.. its a nice size masha'allah but I didnt realise how much the council DONT give you!! subhanallah... insha'allah things will work out for her and her kats cause I love em all and know that they only deserve the best.
Well its time for bed now :) insha'allah Ill be back soon. Im trying to think of a new story for my other blog.. it needs an update so throw any ideas my way insha'allah.
Peace and salams, Ammena
Salam... Glad to read you had a good New Year`s Eve with friends! We need pics of the abaya and pins and hijab!!
ReplyDeletelol.. the abaya is black! Im thinking of doing a pixie with some DIY decorations ;) hijabs? one black, one yellow, the one dee is wearing and a blue one with same pattern.. pins?? not as nice as hijabpins.ca but I wanted something in purple which I didnt end up using lol
ReplyDeleteAssalamu alaikom,
ReplyDeleteI don't get so excited about New Year's either. Everyone on tv is so excited and so I always wish I was that excited but I'm just not. LOL You look pretty in that green shade. Glad you got to see so many friends. Wish I could buy four hijabs for a ten spot!!!
...I was looking over all the photos from your visit here, so decided to pop on over and see what you've been up to. :)
Good luck having that conversation with your dad when the time is right!!!
eyes