21 May 2009

And then it all began, again


Where did I get up to? Oh yeh... tuesday (I didnt forget you rainbow) I went for hijama at my girls place and ended up staying the whole day :) we went out to eat too and had fun just us and the youngest girl masha'allah. (pic 1) I cant remember the name of the place but it was on Green street and very yummy masha'allah. We popped in to Zamzams on the way back and I picked up 2 bottles of black seed capsules for 10quid masha'allah... I havent really started taking them because Im actually confused as to when to take them. The bottle says 'Take 1 capsule a day after a meal 3 times a day' so do I take 1 a day, or 3 a day... anyone?? we didnt end up leaving until late in the evening but I had a really enjoyable day masha'allah... the hijama wasnt as to be expected, I was sort of expecting an instant feeling from it but nope... Allahu alim, was nice to experience and not as painful as I had expected. Just uncomfortable when the cup was sucking the blood to the surface.. this is something that I would like to learn to do for the future insha'allah (this and knowing how to prepare a body for burial)
So Wednesday I had to go back to the hospital in Kingston so they could tell me what I already knew.. that I didnt have TB. So now I have the all clear health wise and police wise to start the job alhamdulillah. While I was in Kingston I actually popped in to see an apartment, it was nice.. sharing with a lady... 400 a month then about another 100 for bills. When I finished my check up I went over to HR (eyeS they needed to see my passport to prove Im legally entitled to work in this country) and told them about the place... the sister there, she told me that I had a place in NHS accommodation and she strongly recommended that I take it, especially that I didnt know the area or anybody down here. I phoned up the lady at the flat to turn it down, insha'allah she finds somewhere. I cant really remember doing much else on Wednesday, I think I wandered around for the most part.. got abit weird about wandering around London on my own. I had by this point bought the Host (by the same lady who wrote the Twilight series) so I was reading that when I got back to the house and just chilled with the sister I was staying with.
She left before me early in the morning... so we didnt really say goodbye, which was a little bad.. and something that I had realised the night before but was too tired to wait for her to come upstairs to say goodbye (I sent her a nice little text to say thank you though)
Thursday morning I met up with me homie mina.. we had breakfast and discussed the ins and outs of the male mind... yeh we (well probably more me) were in that type of mood... we did a lil shopping and then she rode the bus with me to Euston station and kicked me off before I could realise she wasnt coming in with me lol.. sorry about that confusion sis.. but I had tons of fun with her as always masha'allah.. Im glad we started hanging out sis, and alhamdulillah Im glad youre now in my life :) Then I made my way back to the north.. got in around 7ish I think, yeh long day
Friday I picked up the car around 12ish to drive over to the dales for my islamic retreat... I stopped in to meet up with dee in huddersfield, and now Im just realising if Jules knew and if shes annoyed I didnt pop in there... but I couldnt, you were working hun sorry :) we should try to do the trafford centre before I move away.. which means next wednesday if youre free insha'allah.
Anyways, its late now.. so once again Ill leave you with the pics (2. choc & toffee cake at asda with Dee and the kids) peace and salams.

4 comments:

  1. you are a busy woman...mashallah glad you had tons of fun.
    Btw, what is there to discuss about the male mind...!!!! ???
    Thanks for sharing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.....
    So soon to be southerner with the liverpudlian accent - the world of work is once again near...

    Allah bless you and grant you barakah in your time and in your earnings. May He make your move good for your dunya and your akhirra Ameen

    Lv u lots

    UmmS

    (and thanks for the tag on the top - though still waiting for anyone to donate...LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Just uncomfortable when the cup was sucking the blood to the surface.."

    Ooooh! Write more about this! I'm soooo curious!

    Why do they need to see a passport, do those in the UK not have a Social Security Number or Social Insurance Number like USA/Canada? Cuz I've never heard of such a thing here. So I take it most or all people in the UK have passports? Here, we don't really bother unless we wanna travel. Even now that they've changed the rules about crossing the border (land crossings, like Detroit-Windsor bridge/tunnel), they are offering an "enhanced driver's license" for those who don't wanna bother with passports.

    Anyway, sounds like you're having a lot of adventures, true to your blog name. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aslamu alakum
    was lovely seeing you again before you join the rat race which will leave little time for visits of such.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed