Question: this has been mentioned to me a few times now but I've never heard it so thought I would ask if anyone has any information on this.
If two people are late to say their prayers by a long time. Say it's time for asr and they haven't prayed dhuhr. Are they allowed to pray in congregation or not?
I thank you in advance for any knowledge anyone can give me on the matter insha'Allah
Peace and salams
Ammena
using BlogPress on her pretty cute iPhone
Salam alaikum,
ReplyDeleteyes there is an hadith whoch says you cannot pray in congregation when the time has passed .....i will have to look it up though....Some scholars would actually say there is no point in praying a prayer that you missed in its time without a suitable reason as Allah would never accept it anyway............food for thought!
interesting.. thanks Saky :) as for the not praying.. very interesting, I could never not pray it though.. who are we to know that Allah (swt) wont accept it? and Im not risking missing out on that reward for a 'maybe' Allahu alim. Who deams what as a suitable reason??
ReplyDeleteI can imagine that it's not recommended to pray late together because the situation that makes two people late together might be each other (meaning you are encouraging each other to be late -- to do something that is not good). I think if you both somehow end up being late for the same prayer randomly, it shouldn't be a bad thing to pray together, but it's hard to make a ruling to state that it's OK because of the problem I mentionned above.
ReplyDeleteAnd Ammena, I think any prayer you make is accepted, even if it's late. I think a prayer is never with "no point", unlike seekingjenna.
Salaam alaikum sister if you have missed the dhur prayer you can alwayz pray your farz of the dhur prayer with the maghrib prayer,its alwayz necessary to do so even if it is a maybe.
ReplyDelete:)
Allah hafiz
Eslaams, Yes a question I would like to know as well!
ReplyDelete