19 April 2010

Almond cookies

115g plain flour
175g icing sugar
50g chopped almonds
115g unsalted butter

Oven at 180 degrees/ 350F/ Gas mark 4
Combine flour, sugar, and almonds in bowl
Add softened butter to mixture and mix until a dough is formed
Roll onto lightly floured surface to about 3mm thickness
Cut about 24 cookies, re-rolling dough when needed
Place on baking sheet, leaving space inbetween
Bake until golden for about 25 minutes
Leave on sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack

Decorate with sifted icing sugar and halved almonds

4 comments:

  1. jazakallah for the recipe ammena,one thing inshallah,is there any baking powder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no baking powder needed.. although I warn you, dont be expecting a massively almond taste as you only get the taste when you bit a piece of the almond. Hubby wasnt too impressed with these after the initial surprise went. Plus the fact that there are other things that he likes that uses less fats and sugars. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam, looks good!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ASA

    Now you now I wanna make it... but ummm I gotta question and don't laugh ( ok go head) What's icing sugar? is it powder sugar?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed