19 April 2010

My news

On Saturday hubby never heard the postman call to drop off a parcel than needed to be signed for, so I went off today to pick it up. We had absolutely no idea what it could be, my mum was supposed to be sending some things over for us but the card had hubby's middle name on, which Ive never told my mum. So that was quickly ruled out. When the guy passed it over to me in the post office I knew immediately what it was, first of all I could feel our passports ;) Alhamdulillah, it feels weird not having a passport around. Although I still have my Canadian passport here it was strange and I was nervous that they might lose it somewhere along the lines (the Home Office that is) As I walked to the road I felt the long envelope a little bit more, why use such a long envelope for just 2 passports?? Then I realised there was a longer piece of paper inside and remembered reading that we would get the passports back once the application was finished. On my way home hubby phoned me (after making me promise not to open it) I told him, its our passports and something else, can I open it? lol... so after pulling out our certificate of approval for marriage in the middle of Argos I tell him 'Congratulations, we can now get married legally' Alhamdulillah, I knew it would be ok but to have the piece of official paper in my hands seemed to lift a weight off my shoulders.
Until I saw the validity date which said that it expired July 2010 which gave us a space of 3 months. That was when I started freaking out... I know this needs to be done, but when I get things telling me it has to be done before a certain date, thats what I dont like!!
When I got home I read the notes that came in the envelope which told me that the certificate validity date was for the notice to marry. So basically we have to register and set a date to marry within that time which made me less freaked. Then I started looking at flight prices for around those times, because this is what my mum will be looking at! and they are astronomical!! :( school holidays, which is annoying.. so will have to see.
Going up north the end of May insha'Allah so maybe that will be when we tell the family, although dunno how Im going to tell my mum. Im trying to not think about it just yet, because I freak out when I think too much about things and hence all the different scenerios. However, not thinking about it means Im destined to push the date later by not doing anything... hummm
Suggestions? ;) Anyways.. Ive got a few recipes to type up for some sisters.. Enjoy
Peace and salams,
Ammena

3 comments:

  1. Assalamu alaikom
    You need a certicate in order to be allowed to marry? Strange! Well, insha'Allah it works out smoothly for ya.

    Your mom needs to be brought on board sooner rather than later or she's going to be incredibly insulted, particularly because she likes to be in control of situations. Being "the first to know" will help... She should feel as though she is the first to know. I bet she'd be tinkled pink if you asked for advice and marriage and household tips... I don't know, it's delicate, it's so hard to say. I wish you well with it though of course... And I understand if you don't post this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ASA

    I'm happy for you guys that you can now get legally married... I won't lie i was so confused these past few months following your blog... BUT now it all make sense... So its pretty cool that over in th UK you don't have to have a civil marriage first in order to get Islamically married ( by the imam). Here itnh the US its like Gov't rules over the muslims... Anywho... I think you should just play it out... "We're getting married... YAY!!!"
    And tell'em the truth of how you two met and knew instantly that you wanted to be togethe."
    I don't know but something like that ( Yes I watch far to many romantic comedies). It was confusing for his parents to grasp religously he and I are one. so I get what you're saying...Your mumloves ya so she might be happy for you ( if anyone you shoudl be honest to is your mum. and not becuase she's your mother but the fact that ( I don't know what it is) MOTHERS ALWAYS can tell when their children is up to something. its like a sixth or seventher sense that Allah put's in a mother. I won't be surprise if your mother would be like "I knew it all along" LOL
    BIG HUGE Motha of a HUG SIS... it will be a Good thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your liverpool ends around 21st May I'll be around...otherwise you could always visit me up the M6 :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed