16 October 2010

back again

So after plenty of photos and seeing the majority of people arrive we wandered into the registry office.. my Dad sort of waited around bless him, I felt really bad not knowing if he thought he was going to walk me down the 'aisle' or if he was just waiting around to be there :) I told everyone to go on in and my cousin (and witness) waited with me. She wandered if I wanted her to walk up first, after telling her about what I felt about Dad and the 'aisle' she decided not to upset the balance even more and went inside, taking my pretty bag with her :) I answered a few questions for the lady making the certificate while totally forgetting my dads middle names, yeh hes got 2... but alhamdulillah it was time to walk in. She gave me instructions which I obviously didnt listen to and I stood there nervous as anything waiting to see hubby. As soon as the music came on (my cue to walk in.. that I remembered) I turned the corner, and there he was.. all smiles and red cheeks, I didnt see anyone else and apparently I rushed down the aisle to be there next to him. Not having any contact for one day was hard!!!

Our rings in hubbies hand

Signing the book, with the bouquet
We went through all the ceremony holding hands, giggling and smiling, we exchanged rings, signed the register book and posed for tons of photos. We had confetti thrown at us as we left the building and then we posed for even more photos outside the registry office in a little garden with a lovely bench. It was an amazing time that Im so glad to have shared with my family and friends alhamdulillah. I thank God that I was able to share it all, especially with my grandad and that my mum had decided to deal with her issues and be there for me, alhamdulillah.
Our rings on our fingers :)
After all that we got the car to a hotel for the reception, read food :D There was no DJ, no big speeches.. just family and friends gathering to help us start the rest of our lives together (well in their eyes the start anyways) We ate lots, hubby and bil got their fair share of meat (hubby especially, and he is still eating it now) I dont have many non people photos of the reception area except these.. so enjoy :)
The room from the top
and the bottom
The cupcakes


We had an amazing time, went to bed leaving people there about 9pm.. soo tiring, and my feet were killing me lol :) although pointy shoes looked great ;) masha'Allah

So my friends, that is how my wedding went.. Im sure those I speak to more off my blog will have been told more by now but I really cant think of much else that I can portray over my blog. Just be sure it was a great day and a great few days after alhamdulillah.

Currently we are going through some tests, so please remember us in your duaas. JazakAllah khair
Peace and salams, Ammena

7 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, I loved this post so much. Thank you for sharing sweet details of your special day with us! Especially the part before you entered and how you felt when you saw him. Giggled through it did you? So adorable! Congrats again my love! You deserve the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcake tower looks beautiful, masha'Allah. Very nicely iced!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your wedding!. I hope Allah keeps you both happy and you have a successful marriage Insha'Allah. Glad it went well.

    Sister S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww mashallah congratulations!!

    May Allah grant you a lifetime of happiness together :D

    Loving the flowers and cupcakes - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your flowers and rings. Cupcakes look delish :) May your rings be a symbol of your never-ending love and committment to one another, Ameen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MashAllah, congrats on the wedding! InshAllah you and your husband will have a lifetime of happiness awaiting you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your wedding! Such a wonderful and lovely day. I wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed