Woke up earlish this morning and sat outside on the terrace for a little while before being called in for breakfast of too salty scrambled eggs. I dont know whether its the fact that Im not used to salt or that they just use too much salt or in the things I wouldnt use them in.
We had our money exchanged finally, experience and a half!! Hubby went to a few places to see the exchange rate and when he found it we took the money in. They told us how much we would get and we had to wait for the uncle to go to the bank to exchange it. They gave us a few thousand rupees in bills which really confused me until he lead us outside. I thought he was taking us to another bank, I was told to get in the car and watched as they went behind a pillar and the uncle pulled a wad of money out of his sock!!!
Came home and ate, then went to the market to pay for some gold with the money we owed ami. She was going to exchange the wedding set she had for my 12 year old sister in law, buy something that would go with my outfit and let me wear it. Then sell it afterwards for the sister in laws wedding. Instead they decided to just change the stones for a colour closer to match with my outfit. A bought me a pair of beautiful earrings and we chose a turquoise coloured stone to hang in the centre, Chilli tomato picked the colour that I had liked straight away, so whats to think about there?! I also wanted a new nose stud, we had a look at the small ones and decided on exactly the one I was looking at in Tooting back home. Because the earrings were cheaper than what she had intended she bought me the stud too :D Ami had wanted to buy me earrings (and for A to get me a ring, but rings are pretty pointless to me) but there was a bracelet that we really liked. It was outside her budget so we are putting some money towards it. They are also going to do my charm for my bracelet, 2 separate ones, a moon and a star. They said they could do it as one but I like the idea of 2 better. They were trying the necklace on me and asked hubby to lift up my scarf 'why shes wearing one' he told them.. from the looks on their faces abu hadnt mentioned it to them that was still the plan. Oh well!! Im fighting for just 2 things in these parties so far, my hijab and no black henna!
After the market we went to METRO which is just like a big Costco really, a cash and carry. Picked up some bits, water, shampoo, noodles, washing powder etc. Then we headed home. Hubby mentioned getting the sim card and they all had this big joke that after 3 days of talking about this we still didnt have it. He got out the car to get the sim, came back with some medicine and we drove home.
Got home, ate a little but then they all went to give invitations to ami's sister. Dropped us off at the bottom of the road to get a sim card, then hubby asked if I wanted to get a rickshaw home... did I ever!! IT was fun, we laughed the whle way :D although I cant imagine travelling on the busier roads in one, so unsafe! but will do it again soon insha'Allah
We had our money exchanged finally, experience and a half!! Hubby went to a few places to see the exchange rate and when he found it we took the money in. They told us how much we would get and we had to wait for the uncle to go to the bank to exchange it. They gave us a few thousand rupees in bills which really confused me until he lead us outside. I thought he was taking us to another bank, I was told to get in the car and watched as they went behind a pillar and the uncle pulled a wad of money out of his sock!!!
Came home and ate, then went to the market to pay for some gold with the money we owed ami. She was going to exchange the wedding set she had for my 12 year old sister in law, buy something that would go with my outfit and let me wear it. Then sell it afterwards for the sister in laws wedding. Instead they decided to just change the stones for a colour closer to match with my outfit. A bought me a pair of beautiful earrings and we chose a turquoise coloured stone to hang in the centre, Chilli tomato picked the colour that I had liked straight away, so whats to think about there?! I also wanted a new nose stud, we had a look at the small ones and decided on exactly the one I was looking at in Tooting back home. Because the earrings were cheaper than what she had intended she bought me the stud too :D Ami had wanted to buy me earrings (and for A to get me a ring, but rings are pretty pointless to me) but there was a bracelet that we really liked. It was outside her budget so we are putting some money towards it. They are also going to do my charm for my bracelet, 2 separate ones, a moon and a star. They said they could do it as one but I like the idea of 2 better. They were trying the necklace on me and asked hubby to lift up my scarf 'why shes wearing one' he told them.. from the looks on their faces abu hadnt mentioned it to them that was still the plan. Oh well!! Im fighting for just 2 things in these parties so far, my hijab and no black henna!
After the market we went to METRO which is just like a big Costco really, a cash and carry. Picked up some bits, water, shampoo, noodles, washing powder etc. Then we headed home. Hubby mentioned getting the sim card and they all had this big joke that after 3 days of talking about this we still didnt have it. He got out the car to get the sim, came back with some medicine and we drove home.
Got home, ate a little but then they all went to give invitations to ami's sister. Dropped us off at the bottom of the road to get a sim card, then hubby asked if I wanted to get a rickshaw home... did I ever!! IT was fun, we laughed the whle way :D although I cant imagine travelling on the busier roads in one, so unsafe! but will do it again soon insha'Allah
| My earrings :) |
![]() |
| My nose stud, sorry for the boxes.. I didnt take a single photo of it away from me :D |

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?