11 July 2011

April 19th Chilli Tomatoes birthday

We actually left the house to buy my lining which was for the sleeves of a pink suit and the full kameez of 4 suits.
Then we headed over to where the girls went the day before. I had imagined a big shop, instead it was tons of little shops like most of the shopping areas I had seen around here. The guy we could get a discount from owned many different shops, we eventually found one and sat there for so long looking at different fabrics and patterns. In the end I got 5 suits (kameez and trousers) 1 skirt, 2 kameez's and 3 shaylas :D happy buny I was!! I felt sorry for husband, poor little lamb spent part of his birthday sat around looking at ladies fabrics but we got him some nice white fabric for a shirt too. I also realised when we were there that it wasnt just the women in my family who pull their duputta's over there heads when they hear the adhan.. it seems to be a general thing for those who dont normally wear a scarf.
When we eventually left it was already dark and we were all hungry, so we decided to try Papa Johns. Me and Chilli took a rickshaw there while everyone else went to pick up Abu. We got there to find it closed but there was a Pizza Hut next door so we settled there and waited for everyone else. We waited so long, even ordered some snacks because we were so hungry. Eventually they turned up, we ordered but then bhai and A disappeared. They came back with a cake and party hat for hubby, the cake even had candles and 'happy birthday Chilli' written on the cake. It was a nice surprise for him and he truly was taken back as they dont normally celebrate birthdays, I think because hes been away for so long it was just something they wanted to do.
After food we went out for ice-cream, all of us in one car!! 7 and a half people ;) was funny. Was good to spend time all of us together without talk of bhai and his relationship issues. Although L wasnt happy for the whole time because she wanted a McFlurry ;)


The rickshaw ride

The birthday boy :)
Dessert time :)


1 comment:

  1. lol at the rickshaw ride photo...adding you to my blog list ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed