31 August 2005

My day......

....was boring as usual.. well stressful yet quiet, hmm can those two words be in the same sentence?? Pretty depressing too actually, on the way to work all the news was about hurricane Katrina.. subhanallah, so many people dead, homeless, stranded.. I know Allah (swt) has his plan but that doesnt mean we should stop making duaa for the ppl there. I heard a guy being interviewed from there, he had rescued and elderly couple from their VW, surrounded by water and alligators. Subhanallah the courage Allah (swt) has given that man, unbelieveable... and to not even think of himself, insha'allah he will be rewarded... he said that his truck was filling up with water and he could see the gators waiting for them to die.

So, off that subject... what else is new?? erm.. well petrol prices are disgusting here.. dunno about the rest of the world... $1.049 I paid today.. there is an email goin around tryin to get the whole of canada & america to not buy petrol tomorrow. I dont see how it will help things, but i heard on the radio (I listen to alot of radio, lol.. when im driving long distances, my nasheeds sometimes relax me too much, so I listen to the news).. they said that the companies who own the petrol stations seem to be using this natural disaster as an excuse... subhanallah.. what all these ppl are going through and ppl just wanna make money..

So Ramadan is coming up soon... insha'allah by then Ill be in my own place and wont have to worry about my fastings insha'allah. Alhamdulillah this will be my 3rd Ramadan, Allah (swt) has made fasting easy for me, when I went through my first one I was so worried that I would faint in lectures or something, and sometimes I felt like that... sisters if this is your first Ramadan.. i strongly advise you to wake up for subhoor... it helped me a lot.. and I noticed that when i didnt wake up for it, I felt so groggy and uncooperative, which isnt good in the last year of uni. Plus.. if you read my other post for today about fajr.. well you have the advantage of being up for fajr too.. no missing your prayers insha'allah. I love praying fajr... I feel so peaceful and relaxed afterwards.. and I can totally concentrate more cause Im not thinking and listening for whos where in the house, everyone is asleep hee hee. I have some things to post for Ramadan when it gets closer insha'allah...

Anyways, thats enough from me for now.. insha'allah you will comment if you feel the need.. u know where I am if you want me.

Fi Amenallah,

your sister in Islam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed