3 August 2006

Shopping

Assalamalikum sisters, yes Ive done it again. I couldnt pass up on the offer of 3 abayas for $140 from islamic boutique. So they arrived in Canada about 2 weeks ago and according to the tracking messages it was waiting at customs waiting for a signature. I couldnt understand whos signature they were waiting for cause noone had phoned me. So i phoned them up, they put me through to the place where its being kept and he told me that I had to go pick up paper work from him then go to customs to get them to release the parcel. So i went to get the paperwork then he told me once i have the release to come back to him and he would give me the parcel... Im like.. u have it here?? Man!!! So anyways, I got to customs, the guy was ok... not as scary as i thought i would find before making duaa in the car before entering the building. Now Im home and I can pick them up tomorrow insha'allah, Im working at the airport in the morning and the place is just around the corner. Insha'allah it will be open that early, if not.. Ill go on my dinner hour. Im sooo excited...

Plus... ive been for 3 interviews recently... well one was with an agency who headhunted me for a ballistics technician job... but ive worn hijab to all of them and I cant believe how strong I feel in it, like this is truly the real me. U know?? Alhamdulillah. Something must be coming across though cause they dont seem to look like they feel sorry for me, I imagined when i decided to wear it that the interviewers would be hung up about it and i realised why fulltime hijabis couldnt give 2 hoots.... cause they are confident with who they are in the scarf. I know the things I know, with and without it... so if its written I will hear back from them soon. Make duaa for me sisters, I really need to get out of the place Im in right now... not just for my sanity but especially for my deen insha'allah.

Fi amenallah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed