So I eventually got there, just before 9am alhamdulillah, settled myself and made my way to the training room i was in today, which was the warping room. Subhanallah i had such a good day. The machines are soo loud in there so we usually wear earpieces but because i was training i got to wear some walkie talkie headphones with the woman who was training me, Ann. Masha'allah she was really nice, she asked me lots of questions about Islam and is the first person who asked me 'so is your whole family muslim or just you' if you read my UK diary you would know i love it when ppl dont assume you have to be born into the religion. She asked if i was married, all about my family, xmas celebrations and she knew quite abit too, she asked if i was allowed to go to the mosque to pray. I mentioned it was a common understanding that women couldnt go, that they had to stay at home, to which she told me, oh i know.. just i wondered cause u were single if u were allowed to go. So that was a new opinion i havent heard before, I even told her about my episode at the mosque on Friday. She mentioned the other guys who were muslim at work, told me she didnt really believe in God didnt know if it was a phase and that she was brought up RC. I mentioned that ppl dont realise the similarities between Judaism, Christianity & Islam most of the time, and told her that all 3 have the law of not eating pork and the head covering, which she said she didnt know. Alhamdulillah i was able to teach her something, she also told me she understood that what was portrayed wasnt the religion and that it was a religion of peace, masha'allah. I told her alot of ppl just didnt want to ask questions, or were worried about offending ppl to which she told me she would ask questions and i told her i would answer if i could so i didnt mind.
I told my boss what id been doing today and that i had really enjoyed myself, his answer?? I can tell... u have a different air about u.... i hope he doesnt think ive been bored up to now, well i have a little, but the 2 areas ive enjoyed the most have been when ppl allow me to do things for myself alhamdulillah.
When I had a bit of time between things i went upstairs to customer services to say hi and i mentioned to them about me being late... you know what one said?? one good thing was that i didnt have to do my hair because noone would know.. subhanallah... i couldnt believe she said it, not in a bad way, but i would never have been so blatent. Masha'allah, i like that they feel comfortable enough about me to say that, insha'allah this will lead to more.. Allahu alim.
So after work, I went for a medical for work, the dr was a london woman who has been here for 42 years.. she nearly mistook my accent for a brummie accent, can u believe it!!!?? Then I went to the shops to buy a chair & ottaman (pouffe) thats on sale for my new place... heehee, Ill have a chair but everyone else will be on the floor. Then I got home, at around 745pm and now im here.. its 850pm, I should be making something to eat but i really cant be bothered, and i want to sleep but i have to do washing.
Ok, now im gonna go and do some stuff... insha'allah ill write soon. Fi amenallah
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?