Salam girls... ok, so Im working 12-8 this week and from around 7ish last night it snowed. I was ok coming home alhamdulillah, although it took 10mins rather than the usual 5mins.. but alhamdulillah I will not complain about that when I think about how long it would have took me to get home from my last job. I woke up this morning at 9am (which is getting to be very easy) and first thing I did (after kicking myself for not waking up for fajr, AGAIN!) was look out the window. Surprise surprise... its still snowing. So I remembered the comment that Khadijah wrote about the snow and thought I would take a picture for her, so here it is. The view out of my spare bedroom window looking onto the main road. So whats been going on?? i had a really good weekend, was able to keep up with some salah alhamdulillah. We went shopping to Newmarket (Canada!) on saturday with my mums friend and her little boy, she got some Timberland shoes (around 40pounds) and some warm clothes for the boy. I was able to pray dhuhr & asr together in the changing rooms, I prayed together because, well I am actually really far from home at the shops. Then we were back in time for maghrib, went out for chicken wings for food (i had the nicest big massive veggie wrap with nice chips with melted cheese on yummy!) and i prayed isha before bed. Fajr when i woke up.. sunday was a harder day we left for Niagara around 10ish.... the little lad needed the toilet so we stopped off at a service station just around dhuhr time so I prayed dhuhr and asr in the car alhamdulillah. I missed the time for maghrib cause we went after Niagara to visit some friends.. so I made my way down to Cambridge and prayed when I got home.. alhamdulillah, I was grateful for the times that I could pray. Although tell me this girls... if I have no way of finding out the qiblah direction, what do I do?? there was no rising or falling of the sun, no compass.. i just guessed and prayed that my Salah would be accepted, making duaa after each for this request. Insha'allah thats enough.
The girl who I was meant to meet at the immigration centre of YMCA has been sick for past 2 days so I didnt go down yet, today she emailed me asking to make it tomorrow when I had emailed her tellin her I wouldnt be able to make it today because of the weather. So insha'allah I will get down this week, although tomorrow Im starting work a little earlier to go and visit a supplier who doesnt believe our testing method so maybe Ill even go next week. Im looking forward to this change in times, Ill be able to go for Jumah insha'allah which Im excited about.. insha'allah the masjid has a proper jumah salah. Ill have all the time when Im awake to do what I want.
Im currently in the middle of reading 'purification of the heart' by Hamza Yusuf and i have to say when I get into it... its a good book masha'allah with many little things I could use. And Im supposed to be learning the duaa for the witr salah (Qunut) insha'allah ill take my english paper with me to work today and sit with that for half an hour... Ive told my forum the deadline is end of feb but i dunno whether ill be able to do it by then, cause usually i have a few days reciting the english.. then i gradually bring the arabic in line by line... Allahu alim. Insha'allah.
Well, now Im off for a shower after trying to send some cross stitch patterns to a friend. Fi amenallah, your sister in Islam, Ammena
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?