Assalamalikum girls,
sorry I havent been around much lately... never seem to find the time to write a proper blog, insha'allah I will try more in the future. So its Friday, alhamdulillah... i have 2 1/2hrs left on work then its the weekend yay!!! and let me tell you what Ive been up to. Not much really when I think about it, on tuesday I met up with a friend here where I live.. its a funny story actually, when I came for my interview here there were 2 women in the foyer, they asked why I was here.. and after me telling them, for an interview, they handed me a leaflet about their company (a job agency) I flicked through the leaflet and at the back there was the introductions page with all the people who work for the company.. I spotted a girl in hijab, alhamdulillah I thought, so there are muslims around here. Then I started working here and my friend where I used to live put me in touch with a friend she had from uni who lives in this city. So we chat, and decide to meet.. to cut a long story short, her uncle was the president of that mosque that 'kicked me out' and she was actually the girl on the flyer.. small world alhamdulillah.
Then Wednesday i went back to that big shopping centre to look at one of the shops that always have a sale in smaller clothes, so I can stock up on jumpers, cheap tshirts and stuff alhamdulillah. I also popped into the Istitch shop, I think thats what its called, its just an adjustment place for clothes, and finally put in a dress I bought from shukr last year.. its massive on me and ive had so much stress with the company.. I think some of you will remember my blogs about it. Anyways, I finally put it in, and I picked it up the next day alhamdulillah its soo much better.. insha'allah if i wash it, it should shrink a little in the length too.
Since me & Laylah got together last week, Ive been looking out for an mp3 player.. I was checking out ebay for ages, and finally found one alhamdulillah. This isnt mine.. but its the same model, 30 GB I bought mine for $99 US, so including posting it came to around $119 so about 65pounds I think it was. Which im really impressed with, im just waiting for it now.. so insha'allah once I get it, Ill let ya know the condition and if i love it Laylah has already gotten ready to give me the quran and an audio of 'purification of the heart' may Allah (swt) reward her for her efforts. And i have tons of lectures on cd that I will put in, and insha'allah i can put some nasheeds in too.. and download some bits.. Im sooo excited
Anyways, yesterday I went to chat with one of the girls i work with, I sat down and we chatted. Then she asked me how long my hair was, and that started everything off.. she was asking me how I came to Islam and bits and bobs, she told me she likes to hear it from me cause I sound so at peace because... Im smiling when I talk about it, I never realised this.. but yes I do, alhamdulillah. She told me her & her husband always have discussions about christianity and that he was interested to read the quran, I told her.. I have a few at home so if you want I can bring one in.. she was shocked, 'a few?' she asked... lol, its funny.. I have 1 bible and about 5 different qurans, each different sizes, layouts and contents for what I need. I have a big arabic, english, transliteration one, a small english/arabic pocket size (for travelling) a few english ones from different translators and a easily readable english/arabic one (my first one, whom onemuslimah thinks looks like a bible... maybe thats why i liked it as a non-muslim) So I bought an english one in for her today, as well as 'the brief guide to understanding islam' book and a little book called 'jesus in Islam' insha'allah her family will enjoy them... I just dont know whether to give them to her today... dont want to seem too pushy.
I was supposed to go for my laser hair removal on my legs tomorrow, but my mum decided she wanted me to be at hers as early as possible tomorrow... so i had to cancel, then I thought... no... and wanted to redo it, but she had already filled in my slot with someone else.. so unless I get a cancellation this week, Im getting it done next saturday insha'allah... so Ill let you all know how it goes, insha'allah. Remember me in your duaa
Last thing to say.. sorry this has been a long one... Im meeting up with Laylah in Toronto on sunday insha'allah... although we are yet to decide what we are doing well thats me all over really. Insha'allah we will have fun whatever we do... ok, im off back to work now. Take care girls, keep in touch
Fi amenallah, Ammena
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?