7 April 2007

my weekend

Assalamalikum girls... so whats been going on?? Well I received my mp3 player and I love it, its a little scratched on the front but nothing too major and still useable alhamdulillah. So Ive downloaded some lectures onto it, was a bit gutted cause you have to have the files saved through windows player and some of my bits are real player so it wont let me transfer them :( I had a good little piece on how to pray istikharah which i cant transfer so was a little bummed. Insha'allah Laylah is gonna point me in the direction of a few sites.. then I can get the quran downloaded, I also want to know how to organise it all just so its easier to sort through, you know Lectures, Nasheeds, Quran, Duaa then I will know where to find everything, but I dunno if you can do that, insha'allah. I had to pay extra duty for it coming into the country, another $22cdn but i paid with my uk account for the actual player so its all good. Got paid on thursday so transfered some money into my savings account to take back home with me to pay off some of my loan.

Had hospital appointment on thursday, took me about 90mins to get there with the traffic and the snow!! so when i eventually got there, the shutters were all down and i started panicing. Yep.. he wasnt there!! In the OR apparently, but then we found out he wasnt and he came down to check me out... seen him for about 5 mins i think He gave me a prescription for some silica jelly stuff that i cut into strips to apply to the thicker area of the scar, apparently its supposed to decrease the thickness, which I can actually say Ive noticed a difference in these past few days. Anyways, I have to book an appointment for the beginning of june, then he said that we can say from then I dont have to wear that horrible glove, alhamdulillah. I just hope my scar is less sensitive by then, insha'allah, otherwise it will be arkward

I found out on tuesday that the plant where I work are moving onto continental shifts, so 12 hour shifts... 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am, thats 3 on, 2 off, then 2 on, 3 off... it works out u working just 15days a month and working 2 weekends. My department hasnt decided what they are doing, theres only 5 ppl in the department but i think we are going to have to do it too.. so Im on the hunt for a new job which sucks really... Allahu alim.

Yesterday was a stat holiday for good friday... I went to jummah with a friend which was cool, then we went to the pictures in the evening to watch 300.. im still not too sure about but was ok, was fun... 4 hijabis watching a film hehe. So today I went to have my legs lasered... and u know what? It never hurt!! At all, the strength she was using she says she doesnt really use it until the 5th session on most people... so Im hoping that means I dont need too many cause I cant really afford another $325 for my legs... with my underarms, I have a few long hairs now... but thats it, so im hoping that means 1 more too insha'allah.

Anyways, thats my news really... spoke to my hanouni today :D hes gone home to Algeria for 10 days, back in UK next weekend, so was good to hear his voice, alhamdulilah he is fine. I also heard yesterday that my friends fiancee has his visa through, so insha'allah they should be having their nikah at the end of the month which is sooo exciting :D and also, as u prob all know.. Anisah has all her paperwork sorted, insha'allah everyone will be together with their partners soon (including me)

Well, Im off now.. going to look at some furniture in another city on the way to my mums... insha'allah I will hear from you all soon. Oh and Ive taken my blog off public... its been nerving me, all these people maybe reading my blog, but noone is replying.. so I made it private again, Allahu alim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed