Assalamalikum everyone... ok, so here is the article* this is a friend of mine, and I lived down the road from her before I moved to Cambridge. Where I used to park my car was at a school across the road from the house I was living in, I dont even want to imagine if it was me.
Peel Regional Police are seeking two men who terrorized a woman and stole her car late last night.
The 25-year-old Mississauga woman wasn't hurt, but she was left traumatized after being approached by two culprits as she pulled into the driveway of her Nahani Way home, near Hurontario St. and Eglinton Ave., just before 11 p.m.
The carjackers fled the scene in the victim's black 2006 Honda Civic.
Police said the woman was parking her car in the garage when a man opened the door and told her to get out. The woman left the vehicle when a second man jumped into the car from the passenger side.
The culprit who drove off in the car is described as a black male, 20-25 years old, 5-foot-9, with a medium build, round face and wearing a grey hoodie pulled over his face.
The passenger is also a black male, 18-25 years old, with a thin build and wearing black clothes.
Investigators warn motorists to be alert to people loitering in your parking area and to not drive without first locking the doors and closing the windows.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 905-453-2121, ext. 1233
Now here is a little of what she writes in her blog...
I can't believe they ran into my garage like 10 seconds after I parked inside to open my door and pull me out. They came out of NOWHERE because I didn't see anyone around when I pulled in. Only one was pulling me out of the driver's side and I kicked him like a MANIAC with my coolsome large sized Converse shoes but he wouldn't let go. I could have carried on but his friend got into the passenger's side in the meantime and although I dont think he did anything to me, it was terrifying that he had gotten in. So the guy trying to pull me out managed to win after all my shrieking. I hit my head and have some bruises but it's nothing serious. The police got here in a matter of minutes and were awesome. It was a difficult night and I didn't go into work today but I am feeling much better thanks to awesome family, friends and food. Oh and of course, thank God. It definitely could have been much worse.
One thing though, we really dont take safety precautions seriously enough. This is a pretty 'safe' area but this has happened a few times around here. Look into self defence classes! I keep thinking, if my doors were locked when I was driving they would not have been able to get to me or if I had just started honking the horn then they would have run, and if this then that and blab blah blah but oh well. In the words of the very wise Alanis Morrissette, "You live, you learn".
My cell was in the car (along with my digital camera & wallet- boo!)
Then on a funny note.. as this girl has a serious wicked sense of humour masha'allah,
So.. what is the moral of this note? Here it goes: If you are ever in desperate need of a ride, don't steal a car.
Soo... why am I writing this, I want to ask you for your duaa girls.. for my friend and for the people out there who are constantly being ripped off for things that dont mean the world but things that help them in their day to day life.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?