Assalamalikum, its been awhile.. Im sorry, things are really busy my end lately. I have 2 sets of relatives coming over this month, my mums brother this week.. then when he leaves, my dads parents, and his sister with her family are coming over. Im taking a few days off with my grandparents so Ive been planning things to do, Ive rented a minivan cause there will be 6 of us, so I pick that up the friday of the week they arrive, and im off friday till monday afternoon with them (I work at 3pm) then im takin the following thursday & friday off (shhh) and they fly back to UK on the saturday.. ive sent them a little list of chocolates and this seasons football shirt to pick me up insha'allah so Im looking forward to seeing them all... its been over 1yr since i saw my grandparents and prob 3 since ive seen my uncle, although I never really saw much of him anyway as he lives in London.. but exciting times.
Apart from that it was my bday this wkend, I was trying to not make a big fuss and just let it pass... but my mum just wouldnt let me. I didnt tell anyone at work until my boss gave me a card (its on my application!) I spoke to my dad and my grandparents so that was nice.. my dad put some money in my bank account in uk which I didnt ask for but I think he thinks that because the rest of his kids still want things for birthdays then I must do too, poor guy. So Saturday I drove up to my mums.. actually we didnt really do anything special, just what we would normally do as I dont really see her that often. We went food shopping then to Walmart, Winners little things like that, but we did go out to a restaurant in the evening and I got the usual speech that I need to settle down and get married, and I NEED to buy a house apparently. My stepdad told me they are starting a business helping british people get over to Canada so we will see how that goes, he reckons theres lots of money in it and they in turn told me they would pay off my student loan which would be nice... lets just see if they say the same when I tell them Im muslim, Allahu alim..
Anyways... then on Sunday I drove back down to where I used to live, picked up a few friends and we headed to Niagara... it was sooo much fun, I took loads of pics (got most of them on facebook) I eventually got back to Cambridge around 11pm after dropping them off... it was soo good to get away and be in a different place... insha'allah next long weekend (the july one) Im planning a little trip to a certain someones in Montreal.. so Im really looking forward to that, I dont think she realises what shes let herself in for heehee... and july 4th I can officially send off my citizenship application alhamdulillah.. finally.. Ive been hearing many stories of people getting them 6/7 months after sending it which is soo much better than the 15months mentioned of the website insha'allah.
Well thats it from me for now.. Im finishing my names of Allah patterns to send to Somayya to put together for the orphanage in Algeria insha'allah so I want to get them sent off this week at some point with Amals names too.... if they get here soon, of course I wont send mine off without hers... so get it sorted sis
so now Im off to chill a little.. before witr and bed... insha'allah Ill write more soon and fill you all in on my adventures over the next few weeks... take care girls and I look forward to your comments.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?