5 August 2007

Im sick to death...

.. of people looking at me funny when I call UK home.

Assalamalikum girls, so this weekend I went to my mums.. today we went to see her friend, shes part of a family from UK.. just had her 4th baby here (the rest back home) and have been over here for prob around 4 years now. They have just moved into their 2nd house $400K Its a lovely house masha'allah on about 3acres of land. It would be something like I would choose, just for the land and location, you could easily sit in the garden and not worry about people seeing you. Of course when I turn up she asks whats with the baggy pants (linen might I add) and the long sleeved top, 'arent you hot?' i ignore it... i mean come on... are you? so whats the difference?? then she was talking to me later and I told her I was going home for 2 weeks in October and shes astonished I still call it home and asks me if I feel at home when I land there I told her yes, her answer? 'I dont I cant wait until I get back when I land' I told her, well every one is different and she goes, 'yeh but, its so crowded, and so this and so that' subhanallah.. what happened to ppl just having differences of opinions and just leaving it at that?? Then she said to me, I just thought wherever your mum is you would call that home.. Erm... wat the hell??? why??? then shes going on and eventually says, well i suppose thats what planes are for, and phones I remind her... ufff... I spent the whole time with that.. and my mum going on that I look washed out, and i NEED sun, that I used to always have a health glow.. sunbed healthy mum yeh??

im sorry.. i just really needed to vent this. i had such a crappy day arguing my opinions on a long weekend, when i just wanted to be at my apartment and taking in the sun there in a halal way. Then i drive back, phone my mum to tell her im home and she asks if Im coming up tomorrow... why on earth would i drive over an hour to get to my place, to only drive back the next day??! I told her no obviously. I feel bad because I do want to spend time with her, especially since she found out about this op that she has to have.. but when im there i feel so restricted and not being able to be myself and having to defend every decision I make. Ok, im going now... fi amenallah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed