15 August 2007

Truly the most merciful

Salam girls... alhamdulillah, he truly does help you in your hour of need. So I found out a few weeks ago that I had been invited to the christening of the little boy whos mum ticked me off the other week. I didnt particularly want to go but I thought, there aint any getting out of this.. so Allahu alim, whats planned is planned.

Let me explain a little about my work hours before I carry on: so I work mondays-fridays 3pm-11pm however we have started to provide weekend coverage, this entails someone out of the 2 departments involved coming in for an 8hour shift on saturday and sunday and being on call for those two days too. With these 2 days worked you can take them off in the near future, usually ppl take them off the thursday and friday of that week because 10 days straight is a long time to work. I had intended on using them for my holidays in October as I am flying out on the wednesday, we pick the weekends we want to work and usually it works out as once in around 3 months

So... I just by chance look at the timetable to see when Im next working which I thought was in October, to find Im actually scheduled to work the weekend of the christening, the christening being on the sunday at 1030am.. so Im like, oh I cant work then.. and changed it to the following weekend. Then I went home and thought.... I dont really think of what Im doing when at work and I realised... here is my chance to have a legitimate excuse to not have to go to the christening ALHAMDULILLAH so the next day, I changed it back to that weekend and I told my mum this weekend that I was scheduled to change. She was obviously upset and apparently I was too (this is what she told the lady) so I told her I would try to sort it out.. so looks like I dont have to go to the christening after all... Thank you God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed