So today or tomorrow, depending on if I post this blog in the next 20 minutes with be Eid al-adha and I have to say Im not really looking forward to it. Ive taken the day off but have to still go into work for an hours training which I dont really mind, the thing Im not looking forward to is being on my own. The whole time that I have been muslim I think Ive only really had 1 Eid where Ive been able to concentrate on having fun and relaxing with friends, not having to worry about whether my mum will phone me and if I will be able to get away from the noise to talk to her without her asking me where I am. That was my first Eid al-fitr when I had converted not long before Ramadhan had started and I was with my friend Dianna. She invited me over to her friends house, we sat and chilled and helped her friend make the food for her family. Although it was probably a big stress to her friend I had a really good time and it will always be a fond memory to me. Eid al-adha is always a funny one too, there isnt a lead up to the holiday unless you are on hajj, but I have found with fasting the 9 days before that I have felt better about it this year than previous years, so God willing I would like to incorporate that into my life in the future.
Im looking forward to the next eid because hopefully I will be married by then and Im nervous and excited to see the difference that will make. To actually have someone to break fast with, to talk to someone about your trials of the day and discuss how you feel during those times. I cant wait :) Although I dont know where I will be spending the holiday as my fiance has spent much of Ramadhan in Algeria since I have known him.. I would like to spend more time together though, with it being our first one together (if we are married by then that is) Although I wouldnt mind visiting over that time. Well its awhile off yet so we will see how things pan out before then. So now, Im going to pray and then Im off for an early night, up early for Eid prayer tomorrow, I just found out that I make have a visitor tomorrow but Im not building my hopes up but Ill take my camera wherever I go.
Peace and Salams
Ammena
awww sis i feel for you inshaallah Allah will answer your duas and give you what is best for you and i hope you unite in marriage with h2b real soon ameen.
ReplyDelete