18 December 2007

Day of Arafat

Today I was supposed to be going for a 'holiday' meal with my department and I was excited for it, then I realised that Eid al-adha (the festival of sacrifice) was the day before I had originally thought. Which meant that the day of Arafat was actually on the same day as the meal. So now I was in a dilemma.. because of this hadith narrated by Muslim
It was reported from Abu Qutaadah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about fasting on the Day of Arafaah. He said, 'It expiates for the sins of the previous year and of the coming year.'
So I either fast and expiate my sins from last year and this year coming or I go to a chinese chain buffet that I dont really like the ones Ive been to in the past. Hmm.. what would you do? Well Im thinking you know which option I took which is why Im here posting now :) Thanks to God. It made more sense to fast after already fasting the other 8 days of the beginning of the month of Dhul Hijjah, so why miss out on this even more important day?? Anyways... thats my day. I also woke up really late, around 1230pm after being up till 3 last night starting this blog then up and 615 to eat before fajr this morning. So now I need to get myself ready for work. Peace and salams,
Ammena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed