18 December 2007

Those girls

So, have you ever met someone and thought 'how did I get through my life before I met this girl?' not in a sexual way, more emotional support. Im so glad to have lived in the places Ive lived in and to say that I have 3 of these girls alhamdulillah (thanks to God) Now I also have many online friends and offline friends who have helped me through my times (u know who u are) and Im truly grateful for those too. Insha'allah they dont mind me posting pictures but I have to show my love for them...

First of all my bessie mate 'wifeofrachid' I met her before I converted through IslamWay sisters, she was living in a city just a short bus ride away from me while I was at university. The first time we met I was very nervous, took the bus to Huddersfield and was on the phone to her wandering around looking for someone who it could be, then she walks around the corner with her sister looking all pretty and pious masha'allah. I moved forward to give her a hug (a habit I had developed in my first year at university) and I instantly felt her tense up. Oops... must realise not everyone works like me... so we go through the months visiting each other, spending time chilling in the arab cafes with mint tea or wandering around the islamic shops. She got married when I just graduated and fell pregnant soon after alhamdulillah, I moved over to Canada a month after I graduated and Ive been in touch regularly with her since moving here. Ive been back to visit her twice in my 3 years here, and everytime she makes me cry and I realise how much a miss her being that close to me. I love her truly with all my heart for the sake of Allah.

Now the second girl, I got chatting to her at a conference in 2005 she noticed I had a different accent and I gave my email in to her organisation. I didnt hear from her for a few months (I later found out the guys had taken the list and not returned it to her) then when I finally got an email from her we realised that we were living down the road from each other. Well that was it from then on, we were constantly chatting and meeting up, for coffee, food, films, chats.. it was so good to have a friend that close (emotionally) that close (geographically) I dont think I have ever had that before in my life, so I was grateful for it at that point in my life. When I had moved away from my mum to live more of my own life. We have both gone through so many changes since that eventful summer afternoon, shes met my fiance when she visited London (to pick me up something of course) shes introduced me to a great bunch of sisters, shes listened to me when Ive moaned, shes watched me when Ive cried, shes helped me through emotions I never knew I had and most of all, shes always been ready to come see me when I needed someone the most. For that I am truly grateful and I hope that things will always be this way with us no matter where we are. She is currently in Turkey teaching and came home for a random 5 day visit that actually turned into a few weeks so Im glad shes back for awhile and the first time we got together what did she do?? She made me cry!!! subhanallah.. shes got that gift I guess. And the gift is that I always feel so comfortable in front of her doing it, yes its happened a few times, all she does is hand me a tissue and wait for me to carry on talking for that I love her lots and pray that she gets rewards for all the times shes been my tissue taker.

As for my last friend. This girl I have known since.. erm... I was 12 although we didnt really get pally until we were about 15. We went to school together, we went through some times.. from peer pressure to failing exams to members of the opposite sex. We spent so much time in either of our cars after chemistry lessons trying to figure out why our lives are the way they are. I miss her tremendously now, shes gotten married, had a little boy who I love to pieces, who she says has taken to me more than anyone which she puts down to her constantly talking about me :) well what can I say :P She was the first person I talked to about converting, her answer? are you happy? thats all that matters... and that I love her for. I hope that our relationship will never fade although I dont even think about this because I really cant see it happening. I can not speak to her for months, then I pick up the phone.. shes there and 2 hours later we are saying we should go. She makes me feel comfortable with myself, makes me feel wanted and loved and above all she will tell me when I need to take a good look at myself, properly... now thats a true friend!! and I wouldnt be without her.

1 comment:

  1. Salam sis
    So nice of you to post this...it is nice to see people happy and sharing good times! Mashallah you are
    surrounded by great friends!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed