24 December 2007

Make me a muslim

Salam, so after watching those clips there are a few things that came to my mind over the 3 part series. Im really glad they did this and hope it has opened the eyes of people in Britain to what Islam is really about. A religion of peace, tranquility and balance. There have been many comments that I have heard back from people about this series, apparently Channel 4 dont have the reputation of being very anti-islamic especially in their reality shows and documentaries concerning the religion. So after reading others views and watching the show I want to say this.. I really enjoyed it, it showed what other 'native' english people just wont say, it showed the spiritual path of many people. I mean.. a gay guy, who knows homosexuality is wrong in islam says that he could convert to this religion, how open minded and free is that!? subhanallah.. some of the things this guy was saying really touched me and Im glad the project opened themselves to involving people from all walks of life. I was gutted they didnt show the speech of the glamour model, and I was upset that Phil didnt walk away with a little more, but who knows what will happen in the future. God only knows.
I thought it was really arrogant of the ppl of the city to the women when they wore the niqab and were advertising the islamic festival one woman said she wouldnt be interested because she was CoE (Church of England) ermm.. what does that have to do with anything???
I would love there to be a follow up of the people in this group to see how things pan out for them. Id like to find out how ash & Carlas wedding goes.. although I think she has her head in the clouds abit too much over why his family wont accept her. It isnt religion, its culture!!! Id like to find out about Luke, where he goes from there.. and erm, was it Hayley the skin therapist who was seriously looking into it.
Its a shame from the advert of the 2nd episode to the show of the 3rd, they mentioned that Dawn was reduced to tears over something but never played what... or maybe it was the editing of the youtube clip. Not that I wanted to see her cry, Im not that nasty ;P I just wanted to hear the other persons views about what would have upset her so much.

Above all I think there were some things that could have been dealt with better, I think the mentors should have taken some course to give them suitable counselling skills. Just because they were muslim didnt make them the best figure to look up to. I found Dawn to be over sensitive which is probably what she has always been like, I found Muhammed very intense and force full, Sulyman was very narrow minded although his arguments were for islam he never seemed able to jusitfy or discuss issues. However I think all the people involved (not the mentors) to be very in your face, there were numerous times when conversation was who ever had the loudest voice and if thats what the British population thinks will help them to argue their views they are very much mistaken... but then thats a very generalised sentence. I didnt like how a few things were totally unislamic with an islamic twist, I mean the fasting?? yes we fast, but 17hours?? Couldnt they have figured out sooner when they were going to start this show so they could move the times so it wasnt such a long day to fast?

Well, I would love to hear your comments about the series. What was good, what was bad, what could have been better.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I agree with you on all these things. I am really intrigued about Luke as well. Mahs'allah, you know.. you can see the Noor radiating around him. Or was that just wishful thinking? Incha'allah, like you said , Only God knows.
    Dawn..I saw the part she was crying.. she was crying because the chick getting married to Ash "didn't get it" She was just hurt and frustrated and maybe you think she is over sensitive, but I think she was very tolerating to this disrespectful woman. Incha'allah, their marriage will work out.
    You are right about the parent thing.. being culture. But then again, Maybe her presence just stresses the fact that the Ash was not a practicing Muslim?
    I , for one, would really like to see what comes of this relationship. I think they should have a while new show of each of these people to follow up how it affected their lives.
    As for the super model... I have a feeling it was her own doing to not have a speech..after all she probably had nothing good to say?? Whoever would pay 5000 quid to get ppl to look at her is not in her right mind anwyay. Pray for her.
    Thanks SIS .. for all this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed