4 January 2008

The convention

Ok, so Ive calmed down and now Im deciding to write to tell you all about the convention I went to over the previous weekend. The full story that has been requested by a dear friend, 'From the minute you left home to the minute you returned' is what Im intending on writing now for my dear friends who want to hear all about my long and tiring yet extremely fulfilling weekend.

So where do I start? Oh yes, the time I left the house. I left early to join some friends from work for dinner at a vegetarian restaurant in my town that i reguarly frequent. I take all of my friends, veggie and meat eating and they all love it there, just like me, its well worth the little trip there and the atmosphere is so nice masha'allah. So we ate and chatted and I showed them my holiday pics, then we hugged, well wished for the holidays and separated on our different journeys. That is when I made my way to Toronto for the convention.

I got the place where the convention was starting and was making my way to the car park to find that it was full... what was I to do now? I dont know my way around toronto AT ALL and I started to panic a little, I pulled a U-turn and started back to the convention centre when I saw it... a big green P alhamdulillah, there was parking around the corner. I parked up, paid my $10 to then realise that I had to come back at 6pm to pay another $10 (it was around 3pm at this point) but alhamdulillah. I started walking up to the centre freezing my backside off as I walked, the wind was bitter and I wasnt too sure where I was going, just knowing the direction I should be going. Then I just followed the muslims, alhamdulillah they were going to the convention. I got in and picked up the wristband that was to bug and itch me for the next 2 and a bit days :) bright orange.. hardly a fashion statement or something that goes with any of my colours (those of you who know me in the real world will know how hard it was for me to be uncolour coded with this silly thing)

Im off to work now.. so more when I get home tonight insha'allah

1 comment:

  1. haaha uncolour coded...
    al hamdulllilah you found parking.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed