31 January 2008

Hospital (graphic pictures)

So I had my last hospital visit today alhamdulillah, Ive been signed off.. the Dr says there isnt anything else they can do for me... so just have to see how time spans out. For those of you who havent known me that long I had an accident at work October 2006 involving hot sulphuric acid and my hand :( I spent the night in hospital and 3 weeks off work (while moving between jobs) I couldnt drive for all that time and I felt like an invalid, friends were cooking for me alhamdulillah because it hurt to do certain movements and of course they wanted to practise their cooking skills :D Anyways, my webbing between my thumb and forefinger is gone, I only lost nerve endings at the time of the accident alhamdulillah they all grew back. Now, Im left with a horrible scar on the front of my hand, and thin long one on my palm, a little one on the underside of my knuckle on my forefinger and 2 on the left side of my forefinger and 2nd finger. But alhamdulillah it could have been a lot worse, my face was covered with protecting glass and I have full use of my hand.. Here is some pictures from start to finish.

14 comments:

  1. Salam...

    Alhamduillah, your hand looks so much better now! Can hardly see the scar on your palm and the top is not so bad..I'm sure with time it will get better! Glad to know that you have full use of the hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaams sis. It is looking a lot better now alhamduillah. You were so brave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. al hamdullilah.. sis... God is great.. it could have been much worse.. you have taken good care of it and look at the wonderful results!!

    proud of you ..the other sister...is right..brave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salaams Sis: Wow, what a difference from the first picture. Insha Allah it will get better and better over time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG !!!

    I am so sorry for you sweety. I will inshallah pray for you. May Allah help you recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AsSalaam Alaikum

    Mashallah, it is a lot better than I feared at first. The one on the palm is hardly visible. May Allah reward you for all your pain and suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aslamu alakum Ammena
    Is that a henna pattern on the little finger in the first pic, sorry but it looks like henna desgin? Woow i didn't realise i was so intense as i met you around that time , yikeessssss alhamduillah for sisterhood hey ? I think its healed fairly well alhamduilah , you have been brave mashaAllah,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam rainbow... yes that is a henna design, I actually did it on Eid al-fitr 1427 :( I was thinking about taking a half day off, should have taken the day off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it's henna! I thought the first one was red bubbled blisters! Such a difference - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salaam Alaikum Ammena,

    I am really sorry for what happened with your hand.Oh,and your stitching is just beautiful.
    I wish you all the best :)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Salaam,
    You know, I had forgotten how substantial the injury was originally. The healing is amazing. Alhamdulillah.

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  12. Assalaamu alaikum,
    Alhamdu lillah it is looking so much better now sis! LOL, that first pic freaked me out a little as I was thinking the henna was the injury until I looked closer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Salam sis,

    oh goodness! alhamdulillah you're alright. what happened?

    ReplyDelete
  14. salam melor.. lol, why you reading blogs from this long ago :P alhamdulillah everything is going ok with it... i spilt acid on it, didnt i say that in the blog? :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed