30 January 2008

My stitching



I dont know if many if you know my love of cross stitching, I started my own website to produce and sell but I havent updated it in soo long (click title for link) A friend just asked for the link so she could comment on a piece I sent to her late last year... but I didnt post the picture of it because it took far too long to complete again to sell so Im uploading it here as its easier so she can comment here insha'allah. This isnt the final piece, I did add the names of her family and their date of birth but I wont display that. Enjoy :D

4 comments:

  1. AsSalaam Alaikum

    Mashallah, we were admiring this piece yesterday. It is beautiful in real life. And my mum was very impressed with your neat stitching too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice embroidery...cross stitch is fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aslamu alakum sis
    ok so i had the experts in yesterday , my dear freind and her mother visitng from the UK. We had this piece of work out and discussed it in detail, now the mother ''told me that your work was very good, very acurate and tidy, she told me that good emboridary needs to look as neat on the back as it does on the front, yours passed the mark maha Allah. The mother had been requested to join the Royal School of Embroidery http://www.royal-needlework.co.uk/about/default.php she said , only high standard attended there to make gowns for the Queen (UK) so they had to be of fine skill. So there you have it Ameena , need i say more ? masha Allah what a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely stitching! I love that family one!
    It's true I've heard from me mom too that in her grandmothers time, that embroidery was judged on how it looked from back and front...basically you should have a hard time distinguishing it! Mashallah keep it up...they are all so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed