14 January 2008

My weekend

Oooh... so this weekend I went over to my mums on Saturday to sort out my snowboard bindings. I got them put on at the store where I bought the board from and Ive emailed my friend to ask her if she wants to go boarding this weekend, she said she cant make this weekend but insha'allah the weekend after. Something to look forward to, Ive added it to my diary heehee so I can get excited about something now. Im looking forward to getting back into this sport this winter... it might be the last time I get to properly learn and the weather has been very dodgy this 'winter' we had 13 degrees on tuesday which is very abnormal but its snowing tonight.. I cant believe im actually excited about the snow.. I havent been like this since before my first car crash in jan 05 alhamdulillah :) He doesnt half work in mysterious ways, but Im just looking forward to playing around on the slopes with my friend and taking pictures.... I have so much fun with her

Ive also been checking out flights to go and visit my friend in Chicago which Im also looking forward to. We have a new holiday in feb called family day... I dont really agree with it (give your people more holidays!!!) but its an extra day off so I dont mind. I also have a day to take off from overtime before the xmas period so Ill be taking that too.. so 4 days in Chicago which Im looking forward to. Shes been telling me about a few places she could take me, and Ive found a mosque that is apparently like 10mins drive from hers, she said we could check it out seeing as it isnt far. I will be staying at her place which might be a little difficult but Ill be spending more time with her so I wont be on my own with her hubby insha'allah. Please make duaa for me that this goes ok.. I think I will pray istikharah tonight and see how that goes.

3 comments:

  1. Boarding must be fun... as for me I don't ski (well not downhill anyway)- but hubby dear has said that we should go x-country skiing, which I am totally up for - probably the week after next (it's supposed to be cold this weekend) I'm looking forward to that! :) Inshallah you will have a great time!
    I've been to Chicago twice already, it's a really nice place - big city though! If you're going to some touristy stuff I would really reccomend seeing the aqarium it was amazing! (Well, if you like fish and sea life!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the time my brother lived there.I never went to visit.. stupid huh? I like coulda.. went to see OPRAH. lol
    Where would you go snowboarding in ur area? Incha'allah Alla goes ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam girls.. where? Glen Erin I think its called... just down the 401 :D

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed