Im actually really excited for the next few weeks insha'allah.. im organising a few things and really looking forward to them.
This weekend I am meeting up with a convert from the next city to me, we are going to grab a coffee on saturday then pray dhuhr in the masjid insha'allah.. then go for something to eat, probably at my veggie restaurant, then prob back to masjid for asr too.. with just chatting away and getting to know each other insha'allah.. Anisah this is the sister Im trying to get to you through facebook. Then on the sunday insha'allah Im going to meet up with a friend who Ive known for quite awhile now, although I couldnt tell you when we actually met. We met in the mosque, she did a degree in religious studies and had to do a paper studying the rituals of a different religion, so she chose Islam. We have become good friends and Im glad i met her.. shes still very interested in Islam and i pray that Allah (swt) opens her heart to the beauty of it.. but Im fine with her as she is :) she has good morals and values masha'allah.
Next weekend insha'allah I have a visitor from Ottawa.. I met her through the online penpals website and she grown on me (heehee) she coverted just a few months ago after her other half tragically passed away in a water accident. Alhamdulillah she has been given the chance to correct her life and accepted islam, shes having difficulties with the usual 'you should do this' attitude that you see from many born muslims Allahu alim... so insha'allah i can help her a little. She says shes been saving up for a while for this trip so insha'allah im going to take her to a few bookstores, shops and to a few mosques too insha'allah... im soo looking forward to meeting her, she has already tried to arrange it twice so insha'allah this time it goes through.
2 weekends after that (feb 16) Im going to Chicago for a long long weekend (15-18) to visit a friend from university insha'allah. I booked my flights yesterday and sent her the confirmation today... im soo excited, I didnt see her much in my last year maybe once or twice and that was 2004 and the last time i saw her, so its been awhile. We were fairly close in my first year.. but things changed and although we stayed intouch it wasnt really the same. I somehow got back in touch with her I think 2 years ago and we keep in regular contact now, she recently got married over in Chicago so I will be staying with her and hubby. Im not too bothered he will be there, im spending time with her.. thats all im bothered about, shes got so much planned to show me... some sears tower or something :P Im taking both my cameras though heehee so look out for photos.
Then the weekend after that Im going to try to organise a little get together at my crib.. one of my friends has been on a 3 month holiday contract at H&M which finishes 20th feb i think, shes been working weekends since then so we havent really been able to do much stuff together... so Im looking forward to it. Insha'allah there will be a bunch of us and we will have some fun, God knows I need it insha'allah. So Im looking forward to that. :)
Well thats my plans... Ill keep you up to date. Peace and salams, Ammena
busy busy bee... hehhe al hamdullilah.. love this about you. Masha'allah.
ReplyDeletegive my salams to her.. and maybe you better give her my email instead?lol or maybe telephone number? or tell her to put me on msn.. Incha'allah.
I really really wanna get down ur way... For sure.. when Adil gets here.. we will be coming by... we have my Aunt and Uncles...and Michele... and you to see.. so.. it's an important trip. let's just pray things get to this point and soon!!
insha'allah.. cant wait. Insha'allah its before im leaving, otherwise you will just have to visit me in UK which Im sure you will anyways lol
ReplyDelete