Salam everyone, so here is my latest news.. its been busy busy lately for me, hardly a change I hear some of you say, maybe when I get married I can take a break from all the rushing around I do.
It started on Saturday, I woke up early to start my tajweed course that I mentioned a few weeks ago to you all.. it went well masha’allah.. I was very nervous at first but it soon turned out to be ok after getting the connection established between the 3 of us, alhamdulillah there was only me & Sarah who im totally comfortable with so it wasn’t too bad. I thought she was sooo going to pick up on every word I said to tell me it wasn’t pronounced correctly but she didn’t, I was pleasantly surprised. My regrets? Not closing down all my windows first (I get so distracted sometimes) and not making notes from the start of the lesson. Sarah has already had some sort of Arabic lessons so knows the ‘vowels’ and stuff… whereas I don’t at all!! So insha’allah next lesson will be different. I found out that she couldn’t do a class during the week with me which is unfortunate especially with the time difference, I can have a class when the UK and Saudi generally are working or after they have finished work :D alhamdulillah.
Anyways, distracted again :) So after that I was chatting to a friend who was supposed to be coming over to mine in the afternoon to find out that she didn’t think she could make it because she couldn’t get a lift.. the person who was supposed to be giving the lifts, well her car wasn’t well at all. So on the spur of the moment I decided to drive the hour back to where I used to live to pick up 3 different groups of people – well that is 4 people all together just from 3 different venues. On my way to picking them up my car decided to overheat from leaking coolant again, so this is where the stress began :P I filled it back up with antifreeze and made my way over, all the time thinking what if this happens again as Im driving them back tomorrow (Sunday) or on my way back from snowboarding when its dark. So I decided to get it looked at either that day if it was a quick thing or the next day before I took them home. I picked up everyone (photos to follow, Im in work... shhh) and at around 515pm we left from Mississauga to Cambridge with a full car of people and pillows :D We stopped at sushi, and blockbusters on the way back in Cambridge and picked up some goodies then got back to mine and ordered pizza. Another friend arrived just as we did with her son and some nibbles, carrot cake, timbits and fruit for fondue yummy :D
More to follow :D
It started on Saturday, I woke up early to start my tajweed course that I mentioned a few weeks ago to you all.. it went well masha’allah.. I was very nervous at first but it soon turned out to be ok after getting the connection established between the 3 of us, alhamdulillah there was only me & Sarah who im totally comfortable with so it wasn’t too bad. I thought she was sooo going to pick up on every word I said to tell me it wasn’t pronounced correctly but she didn’t, I was pleasantly surprised. My regrets? Not closing down all my windows first (I get so distracted sometimes) and not making notes from the start of the lesson. Sarah has already had some sort of Arabic lessons so knows the ‘vowels’ and stuff… whereas I don’t at all!! So insha’allah next lesson will be different. I found out that she couldn’t do a class during the week with me which is unfortunate especially with the time difference, I can have a class when the UK and Saudi generally are working or after they have finished work :D alhamdulillah.
Anyways, distracted again :) So after that I was chatting to a friend who was supposed to be coming over to mine in the afternoon to find out that she didn’t think she could make it because she couldn’t get a lift.. the person who was supposed to be giving the lifts, well her car wasn’t well at all. So on the spur of the moment I decided to drive the hour back to where I used to live to pick up 3 different groups of people – well that is 4 people all together just from 3 different venues. On my way to picking them up my car decided to overheat from leaking coolant again, so this is where the stress began :P I filled it back up with antifreeze and made my way over, all the time thinking what if this happens again as Im driving them back tomorrow (Sunday) or on my way back from snowboarding when its dark. So I decided to get it looked at either that day if it was a quick thing or the next day before I took them home. I picked up everyone (photos to follow, Im in work... shhh) and at around 515pm we left from Mississauga to Cambridge with a full car of people and pillows :D We stopped at sushi, and blockbusters on the way back in Cambridge and picked up some goodies then got back to mine and ordered pizza. Another friend arrived just as we did with her son and some nibbles, carrot cake, timbits and fruit for fondue yummy :D
More to follow :D
Assalaamu alaikum,
ReplyDeleteMasha'Allah, friends, video, pizza and cake sounds very good. I miss my Friday nights doing that in the UK!
Salaam,
ReplyDeleteThis makes me miss my Muslimah community in New Orleans...
Salaams Sis:
ReplyDeleteWhen are you getting married! How wonderful!
insha'allah sometime this year :)
ReplyDeleteI have to make a new community when I move back to UK, but I know its there so insha'allah I will have the same there.