18 March 2008

So far....

My life so far... well this week so far :P
I went to my mums over the weekend, I bought some bits for my snowboard and a cool tshirt with 9 different squares on containing british looking things which included; british passport, union jack, neon light for the The Cavern Club, a football stadium (that looks like Old Trafford) a red post box, a five pound note and something else that I cant think of. I really liked it though :P and I wore it yesterday heehee. I also got some goggles and a stamp pad for my board that allows me to stan my back foot on my board without it sliding off, just gives traction. Its in the shape of a butterfly :D
I was supposed to go for coffee with a friend on sunday night, but that didnt happen so I spent the rest of my night getting my stitching nearly finished alhamdulillah. Ill take a pic when its finished and post it here when I have my computer back, I just have a little bit of the border to do and Ive decided who its going to. Ive also commited myself to making a piece for each of my good friends over here, I have given 2 friends a piece (one as a wedding gift, the other as an Eid present) so just a few more girls to make for. Then I will start making some for friends back home insha'allah and maybe some for my new family :P and my new place heehee.
Anyways I was up early monday for work, Im working 7-3 mon-wed to work around my firearms course which is pretty tiring! The dude organising it, well he repeats his sentences like 3 times each.. and is practically reading off the book. Which I could do at home! I got home after 10pm last night, when I left at like 530pm, it took less time to drive there than I was told but still 3 hours to just read a book... its all about safety and a little history and stuff. The book is interesting, but he just makes it stretch out. Apparently the test is on the thursday, which I wasnt told before so will have to miss a bit of work for that. I was soo tired when I woke up this morning, was intending on going snowboarding after work tonight but think I will just sleep for a few hours and go snowboarding tomorrow after work.
Which reminds me, my snowboarding lesson :) it was brilliant, the instructor was totally impressed with me at the end. Ive learnt to turn and even went on the bigger hill and ski lift, insha'allah Ill take my camera with me tomorrow and take some pics. Ive also booked a lesson for thursday at 10am, which gives me a few hours sleep in, soIm looking forward to that. They close on monday :( and as Im away this weekend I cant go but Im determined to go twice this week and insha'allah go to the other one I used to go to if its still open when I get back from Ottawa.
Im taking my skates to Ottawa with me, so be prepared for plenty of fun pictures when I get my laptop back :D heehee, soo excited!! there is a lecture at my mosque on saturday which I obviously cant go to, but Audrey my friend txtd me to ask if I would be there before 7pm because there is a quran study class in her mosque then :D so I get to do something islamic at the weekend. Although, Im sure we will do more than that :P excited!!
Did you all see I have a new poll added to my blog for my next learning phase :) insha'allah you will all help push me on this one too :D alhamdulillah

3 comments:

  1. Sis, you snowboard? WAY cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam, yeh I snowboard... havent you seen my facebook pics??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inshallah you can make me one too when you come to the UK to live :)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed