19 March 2008

Can you read Algerian?


amusing!
So i got asked yesterday by our shipper if I could read Algerian as we were shipping something to a customer in Algeria, I smiled and was like 'what?' He showed me the paper and I told him, 'u mean french?' he was deadly serious 'no, algerian' I told him, they speak french over there well and arabic but usually when dealing worldwide they use french rather than arabic (I didnt go into berber :P) He was stunned, although I dont know whether it was because I knew this or because of the facts I was telling him. I went on to tell someone else in my department who pointed out to me that it was amusing that I thought he should know this. It got me thinking about the things that I assume when it comes to the things I know about Algeria, that I probably well more than likely wouldnt know if it wasnt for 'the other half' Amusing! :)

6 comments:

  1. salaams sis love you new choclately look though it may tip chocholics over the tip lol, its a nice idea asking bloggers to vote what to memorize alhamdulillah its really good your concentrating on it, what tips u have on memorizing coz i have loads of surahs/du'as to memorize yet i just haven't!!!

    take care wasalam

    eternal peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam,

    Hmmm now I want to go and memorize...I have been meaning to ......Let me go start on it now.....lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. AsSalaam Alaikum

    Well I must admit to not even knowing where Algeria was when I met my DH, and I certainly wouldn't have known what language they speak! I guess we take things for granted too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam sister,

    :) hehehe... funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mean they don't speak Algerian there? What about Canada, then? Surely they speak Canadian. As we all know, Americans speak American. And UK. They speak UKian, right? And Mexico, they speak Mexican. This is kinda fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blog made me smile. I too would have assumed that it would be Algerian rather than French, until i was mixing with Algerians, i had no idea either somayya :)
    I still wish they would make Algerian a known language and get Linguophone to make some CD's for learning LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed