12 March 2008

Update

What with my break from the net, Ive been able to do some concentrating on me alhamdulillah. Today I woke up late :( but I was able to get out and hunt for a long sleeved white top Ive been looking for for ages :) on my 4th shop, can you believe it took that long to find that essential? alhamdulillah its been found, and now Im wearing it under my $1 dress from bluenotes ;P Anyways, I got home and have really got stuck into my current stitching project. Ive decided I want to make a big piece for each of my closest friends... so you may be on the list :P The one Im working on at the moment I just have to finish the border, Im nearly finished with a big shahada man too, which I dont know what to do with since I was told this might actually be haram, any thoughts or comments? Finally I finished learning my surah :D alhamdulillah, surah al-ma'un, Im so happy to have that finally finished, and it actually wasnt that hard as I had expected just because its 7 verses.
Ooh, I just ordered some books off my wishlist too :D one thousand splendid suns, eat, pray, love and footsteps :D so im excited to receive those hopefully the last week in march :D Also I booked the car for going to visit my friend in Ottawa next weekend, so something in the future to look forward to insha'allah

8 comments:

  1. AsSalaam Alaikum

    Mashallah, you sound really positive today. Can't wait to see some of your stitching too sis. About the shahada man, I'm not sure if it is haraam or not, but I have always kept away from those patterns that are in the shape of people or animals - better safe than sorry! Hope you enjoy the books - I've read A Thousand Splendid Suns - very moving mashallah.

    Oh - and can you please change your background. It's getting to be a nuisance having to clean up the drool every time I come to read your blog :] (only kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somayya, what do you think about if I do the whole thing but leave out the eyes??

    ReplyDelete
  3. masha'allah, good to have projects to look forward to, and it's great that you finished your surah masha'allah...I lok forward to the book reviews;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mabrook on learning the surah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalamu alaikom,
    I've seen calligraphy shaped as birds (salaam), I've seen Islamic children's books with people, etc. I dunno. I thought it was permissible as long as you left out one thing that would make it a true reproduction of a living thing. Look up one of the fatwa sites if you really want... but since these things are for gifts, I suppose really you need to know the recipient of said gift... How would *they* feel about it? heh

    Ottawa, huh? Wow, you don't sit still!

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  6. that bok's title sounds so intriguing... I'm gonna have to check it out.. which reminds me that I have to check out that Islamic library in Montreal.. still have not gotten around to it.
    drive safely this weekend, Incha'allah...really wish I could go...but I guess Allah has other plans for me. *sigh*
    anyway..al hamdullilah.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that you are getting time to do some stuff you like to do - we can get so caught up in the internet and our online life that we kind of lose 'reality' sometimes...well I'm like that at least :P

    Let me know how that eat,pray,love was.

    Mashallah that you have learned the surah... something I really must get back on track with...its been way too long since ive learned something new

    ReplyDelete
  8. Assalaamu Alaykum sis,

    Mabrook on the surah!!! Ma sha Allah! It's great to have a break and actually DO stuff isn't it? :) I too, will be waiting for your book reviews!

    Take care sis!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed