11 March 2008

I did it! On my own!

I actually went out on my own today and snowboarded for just under 2 hours. The picture isnt me obviously but its basically what I was doing the whole time :) I must admit I was nervous going their on my own and I go soo lost trying to find the place, it actually took me double the time it was supposed to but oh well. I was nearly ready to just go home when I asked someone who helped me in directions and I found it. It cost $10.75 for the whole day, where I usually pay $20 for a day, not much difference but hey at least I definately went instead of sitting around waiting for a phone call from my friend (who still hasnt got in touch with me, may I add) I got there parked up, wore my Everton hat over my hijab to keep my ears warm, paid for my lift pass and asked a few questions. I was thinking of maybe taking a few official lessons but thought against it at that point in time (u had to turn up an hour earlier and there was a massive queue)
So I headed over to the bunny slopes, theres a magic carpet lift there (just a moving flat carpet) which is soo much easier to use and probably less harmful for me :P At first I was practising going down horizontal to the slopes until I realised that I couldnt move very far before I stopped because of the general gradient of the slope. So I started trying to go down vertical to the slope, which usually scares me because you can end up going really fast. I was trying to learn how to stop, which probably sounds stupid but I think Ive got the hang of it and Im so pleased :) so insha'allah Im going to go a few more times before the season finishes although I dont know what that exactly is :D
I was excited to do it today :P got home just after dhuhr so got in, stripped off (snowpants) and prayed my salah, obviously after getting changed. So insha'allah I will look at my surah in more depth, i have the first 5 verses well and truly sorted and half of the 6th, so insha'allah by the weekend Im hoping to have cracked it and be able to cross it off my list :D

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo you snow boarder you!
    Glad that you had a good time...and yeah I think you will be able to get in some more board time this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AsSalaam Alaikum

    Mashallah, good for you girl!!! I'm so glad you got up the courage to do this. Inshallah it will continue to give you the courage to change the things in your life that you are unhappy about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well.. it's snowing here again tonight.. lol so a- snowboarding you will go !!
    whoohoooooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed