Ok, so that’s it.. im officially canadian! Although I do have dual citizenship but Im just glad its all over now. I had the ceremony today and you know I was nervous last night that I would sleep through the whole thing and have to do the application again (that’s what they say you have to do if you don’t turn up) I lay in bed tossing and turning until about 1230 last night (I went to bed just after 11) I eventually fell asleep and alhamdulillah I did wake up for fajr this morning, before resetting my phone alarm to wake me up at 850 to get ready for the ceremony. I went to sleep after fajr, well tried.. I think I lay there for about another hour L but it worked out in the end and I slept. When I was getting myself sorted, I ironed my outfit (business smart they recommended, although a guy turned up in jeans) then remembered to get directions cause it was ages ago I last drove there. Then I remembered that the guy I worked with told me last time it was about 45 mins drive when I had been telling myself 30mins.. so then I start panicing and running around everywhere trying to get things sorted.
So when it started and we were taking our oaths it was pretty boring and I didn’t feel this overwhelming urge to thank God but you know I wish I had taken someone with me, who could have experienced it with me. I even felt a little chocked at one point, although I cant remember why. Allahu alim.
I got home and started filling in my passport application lol :P and I have this cute little card which apparently is my certificate J I think I have to send it in with my application and Im thinking of driving down to the place and giving it in there instead of sending it in. I don’t really mind how long it takes but if its quicker at least its one less thing to get all muddled over. At home I was also chatting to h2b while he was ‘working’ heehee, its funny, sometimes I have these thoughts swirling around in my head and think im being silly, then I mention it to him and hes like yeh Ive been thinking too blah blah.. he really does amaze me sometimes and I feel he doesn’t give himself the credit he deserves, masha’allah. So I gave him a suggestion about when he comes to visit me if we can do the nikah here.. he will be here for a little while then go back to UK and insha’allah I will follow on in a few months after that. I know it isn’t ideal, but I want to experience things with him in Canada before I leave and I don’t think it would be as fun if we weren’t married. Like walking through the town holding hands, I know its all lovey dovey and blah.. but that’s how my mind goes :P I want to be able to sit in my apartment with him when theres chance to just relax and take off my hijab while hes there. I want him to wake me up for fajr without me having to sleep in hijab with him on the couch. He actually said we should look into it.. so Im excited and told him ‘getting more nervous’ He also mentioned that he should start looking for a bigger place in London (he lives in a studio in Chelsea) at least a 1 bedroomed place and I told him… to be honest, it isn’t the biggest thing we need at the moment. It’s a nice place from what ive seen and I can live there a few months.. I just don’t want him moving just yet when he might not be able to afford it :P all of his money im going to spend heehee.
Anyways, back to work for me
Peace and salams, Ammena
Mashallah I am so happy to hear that he is willing to come here and you talked about the nikah!!
ReplyDeleteOh Canada...our home and native land ...lol glad to hear that your day went well!
easy :) its only for a visit. At least its a visit though alhamdulillah. I sang the national anthem today :P dont even know my own national anthem though.
ReplyDeleteAssalamu alaikom,
ReplyDeleteOoh, you went through a ceremony and everything. How wonderful! Insha'Allah, if h2b comes to Canada, please tell me so I can come visit you both!
-J
:) insha'allah you will visit, Im sure he would love to meet you :) I talk abotu u all the time & he has spoken to you, well more like u shouted at him heehee. As for your phone message, i got a certificate and a little card certificate with my photo on.. so aalya that must have been what you were talkin about too.
ReplyDeleteAssalaamu Alaykum,
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post! In sha Allah you can have the nikah done in Canada.
xxx
AsSalaam Alaikum
ReplyDeleteAlhamdulillah - so glad you have another hurdle completed.
Sounds like a very good idea to have the nikah there, you can always have a bigger celebration later. My mil still would like to hold a party for us - and we've been married 11 years!!!!!
asalam alaikum ammena
ReplyDeletemashallah tt is so great im really pleased for you. and doing the nikkah would be a great bonus for you as well, and spend sometime together in a relaxed way would also be a great as well.
take care and inshallah enjoy your new found dual personality lol canadish lol
allah hafiz
khadijah
Assalaamu alaikum,
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting your citizenship; alhamdu lillah everything went well. :)
Insha'Allah you do get your nikah done soon... little walks in the park hand in hand sound lovely! :)
Umm Ibrahim
Salaam sis, double congrats then in one day. You certainly seem tobe thinking very seriously with H2B about Nikah now which is great and about time lol ;-P hehe
ReplyDeleteMabroooooook! Do you miss england? Are you excited to move back?
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the apartment thing, my hub's doing the same thing in Egypt, I tried to talk him out of it but he got stubborn so Allahu alem. I will let him make the decisions.
And do please get the nikah, it is so much more important to do thing halal, and not tempt yourselves.
take it from someone who has experienced it. :)
Assalamu alaikom,
ReplyDeleteI didn't shout at him, not even a little bit. I did bug him, though, about coming to Canada to see you... I was bugging him but I didn't shout! heh I would like to see your photo certificate next time I see you.
--J