4 June 2008

Today

Im tired so Im in a crabby mood today at work :( and I still have nearly 8 hours left :( I only got 5.5 hours sleep this morning after finishing work at 7am because I had to be up early (dhuhr time) to drive over to mississauga to visit a doctor for an evaluation on my hand. So my mum phoned me to wake me up, then phoned me again to remind me to 'not tell him everything was ok when it wasnt' Now let me explain something about me and my sleep.. well I love it! I have to sleep at least 8 hours to be alert and fully functional, woah betide anyone who tries to wake me up and even tries to have a conversation with me when I have just woke up. So for her to do this just after Ive woken up was frustrating to say the least! Anyways, so I pray and then drive over.. with visions of me being late and having to wait another 3 months to get an appointment. Anyways I got to the area and was looking for numbers, which isnt hard at a very busy & big intersection in mississauga (eglington & erin mills if u know the area) I find 2310 and then I see 2200, damn.. ive driven past it! So i pull a u-turn and pull into the hospital area (where it HAS to be!) Im driving around looking for a number of the hospital and eventually stop to ask a nurse, she points me in the direction which I would never have gone because its through a car park. So it would mean me going in and having to pay money when it might not even be there.. does that sound tight? i dont mean it to.. but would u pay to cross a border when you dont know if what you want is over there? I think not my friend :D So I park up and hooray its 10mins before my appointment, I walk over and try to find the floor.. stupid thing says suite 405, on the list in the hall it has all these letters next to the names.. which I just realised was the letter for the surname *smacks forehead* and gives the suite number.. but when i get in the lift it has 5 floors, then I realise 405 must be on floor 4 (but i ask somene just to check) I wait around for ages then finally go in. He asks what I did, takes a few photos and continues to make comments abotu my accent and how I say words... yeh, its getting really annoying now!!! He asks whereabouts im from and mentions he has family in sheffield so i tell him i went to university in bradford... 'uni!' he says... its weird, at that point i realised how much i have changed the words I use since i came over here.. I refuse to say some words like.. gas for petrol, or cell for mobile.. but i dont generally say uni anymore cause noone knows what it is (well most ppl) anyways.. he told me this is the final stage in my Workers compensation claim, to leave it 2months and if i havent heard anything to give them a ring. He said he hears them telling ppl it will prob be another few months then a few days later a cheque appears in the post :p insha'allah.. would definately help but Im not holding out for any big amount. Alhamdulillah I still have use of my hand and thats all i could ask for.
When i phoned my mum and told her she said 'well dont take the first offer, refuse it and see what they come up with' im like.. are you real?? i have use of my hand, im not expecting anything!! i couldnt believe she was being soo.. ooh whats the word? u know.. money orientated, it bugged me..
Thats about all i did today, I got home around 5pm so i couldnt even nap... thats why Im knackered and going to sign off here insha'allah
Peace and salams, Ammena

5 comments:

  1. Assalamu alaikom,
    Some accents are just lovely to listen to but I sympathize with your frustration... If someone is asking you to perform and it's getting on your nerves (not that I think you are saying this doctor was a jerk -- I'm just thinking of other comments you've made about people bothering you)... Okay, here's what to do: start acting as though you think their accent is hilarious and you want to hear how they pronounce certain words. Bug them to repeat themselves because it's so funny. Burst out laughing.

    Anyway, yeay for trying to find a hidden building from a busy road. I sympathize there, too!

    I'm glad your hand is okay. I guess I don't completely understand this holding out for more money bit. Workers' Compensation is going to award you a sum of money? I thought a person was paid for time missed at work only? They also pay depending on the degree of injury?

    I am the same as you with sleep. If I don't get enough, I'm useless.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam Ammena :),

    you are very busy in these days :).I just thought I drop by and say hi.I am however very glad that your hand is fine.I remember the pictures you posted once in your BLOG.
    You know I did not forget about the stitching,but I would prefer that you send to me one when you are in England.That would be much more practical.When are you going to move to England?
    So...I wish you all the best and I send you a hug.

    Alleh bless you :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asalaam `alaikum :-D

    Hey Ammena, it's me Aalia! How r u? Just wanted to let you know I have started a new Blog, "Chasing Jannah" and my old Blog "Life with Aalia" is no more.

    BTW you're coming to Vancouver? Niiice! If you make it to Victoria here on the island lemme know, insha'Allah :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. my blog has gone private and i'd like to invite you as a reader but can't find your email address

    ReplyDelete
  5. arima, & aalia if you want it.. email address is ammena_1981@yahoo.co.uk :D

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed