6 June 2008

weather

so the warm weather has started, I havent yet been outside but I can smell it from inside my flat. You know that smell of heat, I dont know whether this is just a thing someone from a known colder country can sense but I have always been able to 'smell' heat as weird as it sounds ;P I used to love the sun, and still do... but now it brings more torment than anything. I can find anywhere to enjoy it on my own halal like and Im constantly being bugged for the clothes that I wear during the summertime. 'arent you hot?' 'you must be roasting in that' I have repeatedly told my mum to stop telling me what I must be feeling just because she is, she never listens to me.
Last night she told me that her husband had been talking to a lady who works in the morgue in an area between me & her. She told my stepdad that i should write in to them, that they are always looking for people to help. I used to want to be a forensic pathologist, but now Im steering more to forensic science, I dont want to be the person who just cuts people open and weights their organs. So my mum asked if i wanted her to get the address, 'its just an option' she told me.. im getting sick of it now.. now im wondering if her disowning me if I told her i was a muslim would be a good thing.. at least she would just let me go then.. Allahu alim.
Working this weekend :( but counting down the days till Vancouver which im extremely excited about, bought a new suitcase yesterday which will also help even weight out for when i move back to UK too :) so just 5 more working nights... then its fly time :D
Well, thats enough from me for now
Peace and salams, Ammena

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, my grandmother has just started this and it already annoys me. inshaAllah Allah will make it easy on us!! i hope the time until your trip flies by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When ppl tell ask me the same about all the clothes, I say..actually I am cooler than you are..my body is used to ti now and can take it more. I sweat a lot less then I did before without hijab.
    So glad ur going on a trip... u need a break ! Allahu alim.
    anyway...lvoe it when ur blogs are positive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam, yeh positive blogs are nice. I wish I could write them all the time.. Allahu alim

    ReplyDelete
  4. AsSalaam Alaikum

    LOL - oh yes, I remember getting that question a lot. But then they're usually standing there in tight jeans and a little top, still sweating, so they're not cool either, and they're not doing something to please their lord.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalamu alaikom,
    I always say that I'm less hot now because the intense rays of the sun are not boring into my skin anymore! Seriously, it's better to have that hot sun off your skin. I do admit that the hijab is hot, though. We have a bit of privacy in our backyard and if I take my hijab off out there, it's a huge difference. In the summer it's the first thing off as soon as I get my foot in the door! heh

    Your mom is going to drive you crazy no matter what the situation because that's the relationship you two have. :) Try to enjoy having her close by while the days count down... Eventually you'll find yourself missing her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can usuallu smell when spring or autumn is on the way.... its just something in the air :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed