9 June 2008

Wudu socks

Can someone please tell me the point of these?? I mean, if you need to remove your socks for wudu, wouldnt you just take them off?? Yes only 5pounds, but still a waste of money I think. Feedback appreciated :) Click on picture for link

9 comments:

  1. Assalamu alaikom,
    I could see the point of these in public bathrooms where there isn't always a handy place to put your socks and shoes. I wouldn't buy them, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalaamu Alaykum,

    Why not get in the habit of doing wudhu before putting socks on and just wiping over later on???

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. exactly.. far less time consuming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The majority view of Sunni scholars is that wiping over socks is not valid, only wiping over kufi or equivalent footwear like leather boots so that's why some Muslims wouldn't wipe over socks. These would be useful I guess if you wanted to wear tights and had to do wudu, you could wear footless tights with these socks and then just pull them up.

    In the end though there are better ways to manage wudu that spending 5 quid on something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the majority? i have to disagree there, when Ive done my research into it the majority have agreed with wiping over the socks. Although there are stipulations for doing such an action.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assalamu alaikom,
    Share with us those stipulations, if you can, as it's been a long time since I researched that issue. I'd love a reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asalaam Alaikum,

    I just do wudu before I put on socks and then wiping over them later in the day. Its been warm here as of late and I have been going without socks and just washing my feet each wudu. But the cool water feels nice so I don't mind, alhamdulilah.

    Ruqayyah

    ReplyDelete
  8. No matter the differing views about if can wipe over sock or not, you can easily make these yourself by cutting a slit on your toe line of the socks and buying a thin flap of material and attatch it with a thin bit of velcro or snap or something that wont hurt to wear all day. Easy as cake and if yu get enough amterial you can do this to all yor socks. I liek the idea behind it because i wear knees highs under my dress and to take them all the way off means exposing my whole leg in public and i dont' want to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG what a waste of money! The lengths they will go to attract the Muslim pound. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed