So Ive gone and cancelled my Rogers tv (Uk speak for cable, sky, whatever you call the million channels you have) Here in Canada there is no such thing as BBC or channel 4, you dont pay for a tv license just for the box and the channels. So you either have Rogers (or whatever) or you have no tv, unless you have the famous bunny ears I hear about were you dont get good reception. I was thinking about cancelling the tv for Ramadhan and the other day I realised that I would only be here for a few weeks after Ramadhan finished, so why not just cancel it for good. Its costing me around $60 a month, so with 2 months left leaves me with some extra pennies insha'allah. It will force me to stay away from the tv over ramadhan and maybe get stuck into these other surahs I wanted to learn before moving insha'allah and maybe I can get my life sorted more. Im happy now that Ive done this, one less thing to worry about. The guy asked why I was doing it and proceeded to tell me I could have it transferred to my next place for free, I told him I was moving countries, so then he asks where and says he noticed the accent and blah blah :D It felt good to officially get something cancelled for when I leave though :) alhamdulillah.
Yesterday I met up with 2 sets of friends :D 1 of my dearest friends since I moved over here has been teaching in Turkey for quite awhile now and I havent seen her since December so we arranged to get together. I got to hers around 1230 and stayed till just before 6 :) was nice.. we sat down and chatted deep like we used to, it was good to hear about what she has been getting up to. Was also nice to realise (after I left) that it didnt feel like she had been away for that long. Im insha'allah hoping that me and bro A can visit her in Turkey at some point next year, I think he would like it and I would like to experience Turkey as a muslim, I was 16 when I last went and even then i noticed the history and architecture over there masha'allah. Hes met her before and this would obviously be after the trip back to DZ cause it would have to be the first trip :P Was good to see her, we went for a big long walk around her area, which also was my area before I moved to cambridge.. we sat in the library and pulled out magazines to flick through, was funny.. I picked up an old copy of hello! and she picked up some bollywood magazine, very appropriate :D we ate a light lunch from what her mum had cooked in the morning and we sat on her porch as she flicked through my vancouver pics on my pod :) insha'allah we will do tons more stuff before I leave and shes here for Ramadhan too.. so we should get some iftars going which Im looking forward to. She wants to do a few sleepovers at my place which is always fun :D and with the hours I work now I have more time to play around with, especially as she isnt working yet. Happy times!
After visiting her I went straight to meet up with some girls that I used to work with in Toronto, it was fun. One of them is my snowboarding buddy and I bought her a gift from Vancouver which is a metal pair of skies with Big White written across them (a mountain over there) I have the same that says Whistler over it... shame i couldnt find any snowboarding badges but it was close enough and will always make me think of her, shes been a good friend to me masha'allah. Anyways, the other girl.... well I worked with her, then she left our place, had a few jobs, then had a baby.. during her maternity leave I left the job and then she actually came back to there after her mat leave.. funny :) This was the first time Id seen her in ages so was a little reunion, was also the first time she had seen me in hijab. I dont know if my friend told her, I told her too :P but she didnt seem phased :D my friend even commented on my scarf :D was white cotton with a few crystals at the end. Was good to chill with them, we ended up going for a little snack at Shoeless Joes where another person decided to have a whole conversation with me about my accent.. ok, it was cute and useful at first but now its just getting boring.... then we stepped over to dimitries for ice cream :D was very good!!! I told them I was leaving and that I was getting married... my friend (on the right) already knew and she was so cute about it bless her... so then came all the questions, when where blah blah... everyone must think Im weird when I say, hopefully by the end of the year :P lol Allahu alim
Anyways, I should be off... need to buy yarn for my stitching, yes MY stitching :D its coming along slowly but surely. I get bored of the same colour, and so far I only have 3 colours, one is black and as its of the kaba you can imagine how much black there is :)
Peace and salams, Ammena
Assalamu alaikom,
ReplyDeleteWell, how nice! Sounds like you are having a good time. So now you're going to call him Bro A in your blog, instead of h2b?
Yeah, saving money (from boring stuff like bills) feels great! But you know, bunny ears aren't all that bad. We have a few tvs here with 'em. 'Course, after February, they will be useless here in the US (going digital). Is Canada going digital in February, too? (We have like a million tvs in the house because husband is an addict. You remember me, when I was on my own... Had one, with bunny ears, barely used it.)
lol.. yeh my friend calls him that, but obviously his name.. it sounds cute. Maybe I wont make a habit of callin him that here but it was the moment :P yeh i remember u and ur bunny ears.. thats the only reason I know of them :) I have nooo idea about the digital thing, it wouldnt affect me anyways so oh well. I sent ur details to Amal, so lemme know if she contacts u insha'allah
ReplyDeleteasalam alaikum sis
ReplyDeleteyou look so sweet in hijab mashallah. glad you had a nice time with your friends.
inshallah you enjoy sewing forself as much as for others.
take care and inshallah will speak soon
fi aminallah
khadijah
Masha'Alalh I went though all your post that i've missed in my crazy days here and mashallah it seems liek a well rounded month of good friends and good work.
ReplyDeleteBy the way poeple usually keep asking about problem areas in your life becaus tey are grasping for something that ties you togehter and topic of conversation lol. It CAN be frustrating. My situation in USA with my husband was extremly unique and people tried to be sympathetic but i could never take their convo 100% because they had no idea what it felt like.
By the way I'm glad you put that pic of you. I see your eyes. Eyes for me are big deal. I read sincerity, loyalty, and deep inner strength and understanding in yours. I feel more connected to you having your face in my image of you when i open your blog. Before I'm jsut seeing that british flag... not connecting much to my memory about you except for england. Masha'Allah you have a face with goodness writen on it.
Thank you for the photo. I will check your other blog soon. :D