29 July 2008

today

Finally, alhamdulillah my mum and stepdad got a letter yesterday giving them a date for their swearing in. August 11th insha’allah which Im very glad for. I just had the predicament of my mum asking me to pick up some alcohol for her when I drive over to visit ms ES and I was trying to come up with a reasoning for not getting it. This could be my reason :D she can go over herself soon, which Im sure she will anyways because she hasn’t left the country for awhile now since her permanent resident card expired. Alhamdulillah. I also recently got 2 emails back from companies that Ive been applying for jobs with over in UK, one guy is trying to find out how we could do an interview… so Allahu alim :) the other guy passed my details onto his colleague who deals with London.
I got asked today where my boyfriend lives, does anyone else find this disturbing in a similar situation to me. I dont class him as my boyfriend, hes my fiance and the relationship isnt the same as in most western relationships. I just find it arkward to talk about him with people outside of Islam, maybe thats just me.
Well back to work, Im off to pick up my car from my stepdad after work then maybe off to see the new Will Smith film 'Hancock' Ill fill you in
Peace and salams, Ammena

7 comments:

  1. Yeah... my husband and I did not do the "boyfriend girlfriend" dating thing that is so pupular in the secular culture. When we first felt attracted to one another it was because we saw so many compatabilities as *future spouses*. So we talked about getting married right from the start and didn't do the dating thing. Dating isn't the way it's supposed to be anyway! You're supposed to look at each other as future husband and wife, not as some lover you shack up with for X amount of years before discussing marriage. Some people do find it hard to understand but that's the secular culture for you ~ it is very confusing with no moral absolutes or any other ways to figure out life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for visiting my blog :) i look forward to your comments, although I cant leave comments on ur blog for some reason. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalam-alaikam Ammena,

    I know what you mean baout telling people about your finace. I was engaged for two years before I married as I was still at uni and told hardly anyone for fear of what they would think (seems silly now). Not really anyone's business anyway.

    I just realised you had another blog. Was enjoying reading some of your stories, that'll keep me busy for a while, do keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand the point with "dating" and having a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship when marriage is not intended. I don't see why people want to waste their time, somtimes they are with a person they don't even wanna think about marrying.... Silly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray one of those guys has a job for you pretty soon. Only because I am selfish and could do with your company around here and...your technical expertise. I thought you would appreciate honesty lol. Love, Ines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assalamu alaikom,
    You can also tell her honestly that they can pull you over and make you pay duty on the alcohol. I don't know what the rules are exactly but it's just easier to not bother!

    If people are calling him your BF and you don't like that term, correct them gently. In response, say "oh, my fiance blah blah blah." There you go. :)

    I can understand casual dating. When I was non-Muslim I did that a few times, because I wanted some companionship sometimes, but my life was too busy to concentrate on something serious. It didn't mean I got around or anything. (Of course, a casual dating relationship is unIslamic but this was before I was Muslim.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hope there is a job for you sister ameen.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed