Im working this weekend :( thats what sucks, but what pushes me on is that after tomorrow Im off for 2 days :) alhamdulillah. I have gotten used to the shift patterns, Im going back on 7pm-7am mid september so Im not looking forward to the change and the not feeling like Im actually fasting cause Im sleeping feeling. Since giving in my notice Ive been trying to book 2 friends for lunch :) they are from work, both on MAT leave and I told them about leaving awhile ago.. but now I want to sit down and talk about it with them.. they are being impossible to book though. So we are trying to get together not next week but week after, I mentioned the date of aug 27th which freaked me out because it was only yesterday that I was getting used to having to write the new month of august and now its almost over... September is about to begin, and with it Ramadhan too (but thats a new blog- see my islamic blog)
I spoke with bro A last night, alhamdulillah he phoned me at about 9pm here so I was surprised to here his 'Assalamalikum hanouna' on the other end of the line. He told me he bumped into someone who used to live in UK, Bradford to be exact, then it made me smile when he asked.. have I been to Bradford. Yes I told hi
m... the day after my graduation he came to visit me there, it was funny.. there was another ceremony going on and he insisted on taking pictures of the people in their gowns. He had turned to me and said 'what?' when I walked away laughing.. 'we dont have this in my country' he sounded like such a foreigner heehee.. but thats what makes me laugh, when he plays on that aspect and in the next breath puts on the best cockney accent I have ever heard from a non-southerner. Masha'allah. Anyways, was good to talk as the advert says :) and I told him about how he was bothering me with this pushing to tell my mum, so he dropped it a little. I told him.. my mum and your mum have different values and he told me he didnt expect to see my mum before everything, but at least talk to her... like that would make her feel better!! men!! thats all I can say :P alhamdulillah. Sarah, youre right, I do have to think about why it bothers me to tell her.. but if I knew that surely I wouldnt care about telling her about islam and would have done this years ago too?! Nothing in my adult life has ever been easy, but its made me the person I am today alhamdulillah
m... the day after my graduation he came to visit me there, it was funny.. there was another ceremony going on and he insisted on taking pictures of the people in their gowns. He had turned to me and said 'what?' when I walked away laughing.. 'we dont have this in my country' he sounded like such a foreigner heehee.. but thats what makes me laugh, when he plays on that aspect and in the next breath puts on the best cockney accent I have ever heard from a non-southerner. Masha'allah. Anyways, was good to talk as the advert says :) and I told him about how he was bothering me with this pushing to tell my mum, so he dropped it a little. I told him.. my mum and your mum have different values and he told me he didnt expect to see my mum before everything, but at least talk to her... like that would make her feel better!! men!! thats all I can say :P alhamdulillah. Sarah, youre right, I do have to think about why it bothers me to tell her.. but if I knew that surely I wouldnt care about telling her about islam and would have done this years ago too?! Nothing in my adult life has ever been easy, but its made me the person I am today alhamdulillah
salam alaykom..work work work !! blech.
ReplyDeleteglad he got in touch. al hamdullilah.
May Allah help him to understand westerner's thinking..or rather non-thinking.. however you wish to explain it hehe.
I think part of it is that you kept it to urself for this long and maybe you feel guilty for this. I know I did from my best friend. But there will become a point in which a feeling of wanting her to know over the dark stupidness ( maybe Shaytaan) that is stopping u know, will over power and make things right ,Incha'allah.
hang in there... cause still..marriage is hard work and even once that has happened.. always will be struggles of different kinds and this hardship now is only going to help u, Incha'allah.
Anyway.. ur always in my duaas. hang in there and remember ur loved for who u are :)
XOXO
So many things to think about. I think it would be easier if we just fell in love with English men...
ReplyDeleteYou feel like you are treading on a fine line - one wrong move and your mother will shatter his pride, shatter you.
There are some things you can't control and her reaction is one of them! It's a never ending battle getting our parents to not think we are being brainwashed when we end up married to cute Muslim men from North Africa! Making choices we would never have made before because of a different religious persepective.
You don't want to hurt her, you don't want her reaction to hurt you and you don't want her to reject him.
I'm sorry if I didn't make you feel any better at all! But I pray everything goes well for you in your big move! You will get the answers you have been searching for all this time.
And I look forward to meeting you at long last!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx