Salam everyone,so Im back :) alhamdulillah... was nice to get away, much needed.. alot closer than other people I have visited while here, but similar stress with having to cross the USA/Canada border. Im just uploading some pics onto facebook if anyone wants to check them out. Was a good trip, good to
see eyeS again, its been awhile since we did half the things we did over these past few days including talking till fajr ;) we are both having problems in our lives (as many others around the world) and sometimes you just need to get them out and said and deal with them. I want to say sis that insha'allah I didnt offend you with anything I said last night, my
excuse? erm.. I was tired and not thinking before speaking, I apologise. It took me from about 430 till around 830 to drive back which included stopping for petrol which wasnt too bad. I got back to an unpleasant conversation with my mum which put a downer on the whole trip :( but Allahu alim.So what did I do? well I left cambridge just after 8am monday
morning and arrived at her house around 1230pm she showed me around her house (its the first time Ive seen it since she moved there) we had a drink and sat in the garden. Her whole garden is enclosed so it was so nice to sit outside without my hijab and absorb the sun, I miss the sun.We did a lot of mosque seeing which was nice and even visited an area that we went to for the first time back in.. 2005 I think before she even moved over there. Was nice to reminisce although not nice to be there doing it, remembered that the guys around there knew nothing about lowering their gaze :( astagfrillah. Someone just commented on a pic on my facebook saying that the inside is nothing like the mosques in England and I have a theory about that. Islam isnt an english religion as we all know, buildings were built over there that were eventually taken over my muslims and converted into mosques. However over in North America because of the sheer space over here and the newness of the country they have been able to dedicate land and purposely build mosques masha'allah. Its a shame, but then it gives the buildings in UK history and a story, I love seeing churches that have been converted masha'allah. Although the one thing I dont like about them is that the womens areas are usually very small because of lack of space :( Allahu alim.
S
o for those of you not on my facebook just thought I would add a few little pictures to show you :D All in all was a good time masha'allah and Im glad I did it. Dont know when the next time will be that I will see her :( I mentioned it to her when I first arrived but we decided not to dwell on it and I assured her that she will be coming to visit me in UK insha'allah, thats what I would like. My door is always open to her, no matter where I am... you are in my thoughts and duaa sis... push that iman and get out with those girls... masha'allah they are such a good bunch. I was chatting with Tasnim on facebook yesterday and she told me that she sometimes visits Toronto so we are planning to hook up over here, and she mentioned Ramadhan and iftar with the girls (including you) masha'allah.. I pray that you have been led to a good bunch of girls that will help you with your deen and give you what you need.Peace and salams, Ammena
salam sis
ReplyDeletealhumdulillah nice to see and great to hear you had a great time mashallah, also nice pics here mashallah.
inshallah see you soon take care sis
wa salam
khadijah
Salam aleikum...
ReplyDeleteWelcome back again :) can't wait to get home and check out the pics on facebook, incha'allah.
SIs... I wonder if you really know how much you mean to everyone ;)
May Allah bless you always fo your compassion and good intentions to everyone around you. Amine
Salaams,
ReplyDeleteAlhamdulilah you are back safe and sound. You were missed greatly! Catch you later inshallah. Take care, Ines.
Assalamu alaikom.
ReplyDeleteThanks for everything. You are a really good friend and every time we talk or spend time together, I realize just how good of a person you are. Isn't it funny, we thought that it was goodbye for a long time, and now I'm going to be HOPEFULLY seeing you on Wednesday for a bit. :) I made a burnt CD of all the pictures I took of your trip. Perhaps you can burn me a CD of all your pictures, too?? I was definitely not offended by anything you said. It was nice to talk about everything, and hear more about what's on your mind and going on in your life. Ramadan plans are always good. Nothing better than to break a fast with a group of really friendly sisters (and FOOD! LOL) Anyway, take care!!
e_s
ps I took my blog offline for a bit but I'll still visit your page regularly.