21 August 2008

The good thing about being...

.. a noticeable muslim is.... the comments you get from other people
Her: youre looking very sunny today
I was wearing yellow :D
Me: yeh, I was tired this morning so needed a colour to brighten myself up
Her: (laughing) nice, but I like it when you wear your sparkles, your blig :D
hilarious :D makes me feel good to be around non muslims when they have a favourite hijab of mine, masha'allah

9 comments:

  1. Salam alaykom

    ya..I agree this happens to me too!!
    today Im wearing pick underscarf and orange hijab lol
    co-workers love it when I go all out lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice of them. The same here, they'll be giving me compliments about my hijab style every day :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. emm what colour did u coordinate yellow with? , I know you..so..I'm curious... I need a full vision.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol... i was wearing a pair of light blue jeans with a yellow dress that came just short of my knees with a long sleeved white shirt underneath :D then a yellow kuwati hijab :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalaamu alaikum,

    Nice comment masha'allah. :) It does sound like a very sunny outfit actually!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sallams Sis,

    Yes, it certainly makes a difference. It's nice when folks embrace us for our differences and it's all good.

    makes me smile just to hear your story

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same with Ai'sha (made me smile).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have to agree... that makes me smile and its so nice to hear a 'good' hijab story :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your comments, baring in mind that I dont have to accept them if they show ignorance, hatred or racism.. but I generally accept them all because what free country do we live in if you cant express yourself through my blogs?

UK Islamic Events Feed